1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 12:55 PM by Jeff Arola

Photoshop Elements 11 and RAW

Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I have students who have just purchased Elements 11.  Do they need to update Camera RAW immediately?  I would think that a new version would be up-to-date.

Is there any way to make Windows software show thumbnails for images processed in Elements? Mac OS seems to always show thumbnails.

Thanks for your help.

Mary Lou

• 1. Re: Photoshop Elements 11 and RAW
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

If they have a camera that is supported in the camera raw 7.1 plugin that ships with elements then i suppose not, but the latest versions

of camera raw (7.3 in pse 11) include bug fixes and support for newer cameras.

Once adobe ships a product the downloaded or store bought versions are generally the same as when the product first was released with no updates.

On windows, microsoft has a camera codec pack that can be downloaded that shows the thumbnails for camera raw files, although it hasn't been updated

for newer cameras as of yet, but for psd files one needs an third party solution to show the thumbnails in windows explorer.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829

If they use the elements organizer, that will show the thumbnails of the file types that the organizer supports.