Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search doesn't work in generated WebHelp

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp10 as part of TCS4.

If I generate Microsoft HTML Help, the .chm file produced has perfect search capability. However, if I generate WebHelp, no matter what I search for, nothing is found. (Obviously I'm searching for words which I know exist. Even a search for "the" results in the usual "No topics found".)

I don't think it should matter at all, given that HTML Help has a working search, but my project has been created from DITA using DITA2Go. I then import the .hhp file into RoboHelp and generate. The reason for going through DITA2Go rather than processing my ditamap directly in RoboHelp is that the .xml files contain context-sensitive help elements which are ignored by RoboHelp when processing the ditamap. Everything works great with this method except that search isn't working.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions about what could be going wrong here.

Thank you in advance!

Heather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I guess I'll reply to let everyone know that this has not been resolved, but I have found a different and better methodology. I have been able to import my ditamap directly into RoboHelp which uses the DITA Open Toolkit in the background. The reason I didn't do that before was that I needed access to my context-sensitive help elements. I have since discovered that I can create an alias text file myself instead of relying on DITA2Go to create it for me. It's a pain to create, but once it's done I can reuse it everytime I import my ditamap into RH by copying it into the project folder. I can then continue using RH as usual and the CSH works from our application.

So in summary - I don't know why search wasn't created before. However, if you want CSH using DITA and RH, there is another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp