3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 12:46 PM by mickey mantle

How to get Adobe Camera RAW loaded so I can open RAW files from a Panasonic LX7?

mickey mantle

I opened these images two days ago. Now I get a message that the CS6 Photoshop does not recognize this type of file. I went online and again(3rd time)downloaded Camera RAW 7.3 and tried installing and opening the images.

Once again - same thing.

Now I have something called a DNG converter on the machine and I don't know what it is.

I opened it and tried to get to the LX7 files in my computer I can see in Bridge - and the DNG converter does not show the files at all.

I was doing just fine with CS5 - then I bought this piece of crap because I could not get an update for CS5 to open the Panasonic Lumix LX7 images. So, I wasted $200 on CX6 only to find I can't get my images opened.

I hate photoshop more every damn day

First, took three days and over 9 hours wasted on hold for Adobe phone help - and finally got a guy on to help me register Photoshop CS6 - and he could not get it to register. Finally after a day & a half and hours of continually cutting and pasting from teh online computer to the main computer that does not hook up to the Internet I got CS6 to work.

Then, I opened the Panasonic LX7 RAW images twice after downloading and installing Adobe Camera RAW 7.1 and 7.3 - and now the machine does not recognize the files and tells me to go to http://www.adobe.com/go/kb407111

I went there and have downloaded the Camera Raw 7.1 and 7.3 four different times now and tried installing it - and Still can't open the damn files. I keep getting the same "photoshop cannot open this file" message and teh same referenc to teh above.

How can I get this piece of Shiz to work???

Oh - the name for ID above is after 22 minutes of trynig to find an name this program would accept.