3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 1:14 AM by TopoBuilder

Guide to create air apps for Mac appstore?

TopoBuilder Level 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any guide for publishing an air app on the Mac AppStore. All I found so far is a simple tutorial by Pigsels which is written with air3.2 in mind.

I can't seem to find any official articles from Adobe about this subject.

Questions I have are:

- is it possible to export to Mac AppStore from flash cs6?

- are there any guidelines I have to follow? Like should I create minimize and close buttons from within flash? Or are they generated by apple?

- how to test apps on your Mac before uploading to the Mac AppStore?

Has anyone here been able to publish something in this store? Some tips would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Guide to create air apps for Mac appstore?
          spinlight Level 1

We've been able to make several apps for iOS. I'm also digging for help with getting apps on the Mac App Store. It seems like some people have been able to do this. Is there any Adobe documentation on this? Can someone point us in the right direction? Thanks.

• 2. Re: Guide to create air apps for Mac appstore?
            TopoBuilder Level 1

Okay, I figured it out myself.

Here's the solution for anyone interested:

- In Flash CS6 create an Air for Desktop Application

- In publish settings choose to publish a Mac Installer. This will create an .app file.

- Follow the steps from this forum: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4564789#4564789

I had a little trouble signing the apps, but this buildscript from the guy in the forums really helped a lot: Just follow al the steps and you will succeed...

Well, I managed to get my apps uploaded to apple. Don't know if they will get approved, but I'll just wait and see...

Hope this helps a bit!

;-)

------ here's the buildscript for your terminal ------

cp Info.plist <APPNAME>.app/Contents

cp Icon.icns <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Resources

chmod -R 777 <APPNAME>.app/

rm <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/WebKit.dylib

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <YOURNAME>" <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <YOURNAME>" <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/AdobeCP15.plugin

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <YOURNAME>" <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Flash\ Player.plugin

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <YOURNAME>" <APPNAME>.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/adobecp.plugin

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <YOURNAME>" --entitlements entitlements.plist <APPNAME>.app

codesign --display --entitlements - <APPNAME>.app

productbuild --component <APPNAME>.app /Applications <APPNAME>.pkg --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: <YOURNAME>"

• 3. Re: Guide to create air apps for Mac appstore?
              TopoBuilder Level 1

Update: my apps were succesfully approved by Apple...

So, this is really the way to create AIR-apps for the Mac Appstore.