9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 12:43 PM by Saki H

Data Merge and Frame Fitting Options

Saki H

I created an image frame and placed a data merge field in it. The image frame is 2x2 and the merged images 4x4. I want only the bottom right quadrant of the merged image to appear in the image frame. In order to do this, I set the image frame's Frame Fitting Options to [Top:2"; Left:2"; Bottom:0"; Right:0"] and the Data Merge Content Placement Options to [Preserve Frame and Image Sizes]. However, when I create the merged document, the upper left portion of the image is placed in the image frame. In other words, the Data Merge seems to ignore the Frame Fitting Options.

If an example is helpful, consider the image below, which is 4" x 4". My image frame is 2" x 2", and I want the black quadrant to appear in the image frame. Is this possible using data merge?

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 12.35.20 AM.png

Here are the Frame Fitting Options and Content Placement Options I tried. The Frame Fitting Options work for a manually placed image, but I can't get them to work with Data Merge.

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 12.45.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-02-01 at 12.43.37 AM.png