1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 1:31 AM by HansSH04

Error when connecting to CS6

HansSH04

Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded a customer application from CS4 to CS6. Most things went quite fine, but now I came across a problem I can't fix. This problem only appears when the PC, the application and InDesign are running on, doesn't have the old CS4 installed.

The error I get is:

"Unable to case COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interface type 'InDesign.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{ABD4CBB2-0CFE-11D1-801D-0060B03C02E4}' failed due to the following error: Interface not supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))." (partially translated from German)

The application is written in C#, based on .NET Framework 4.0. I'm using Visual Studio 2010.

I double-checked all references to CS and they all show "CS6 type library". I also ran CS6 and VS2010 as Administrator to make sure, I got the full set of rights. I noticed that, contrary to CS4, there's no Interop.Indesign.dll.

The line that causes the exception is: app = new InDesign.Application();

Any help is highly appreciated.

Hans

• 1. Re: Error when connecting to CS6
          HansSH04 Level 1

Hi again,

I managed to find the solution for my problem. InDesign's type library wasn't correctly registered and I had to do this manually with regtlbv12.exe. Once this was done, everything worked as expected.

Command line ("de_DE" needs to be changed according to product language): C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regtlibv12.exe "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\InDesign\Version 8.0\de_DE\Scripting Support\8.0\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb"

To be honest, this is the second time, I run into this problem. It happened with the same program, when InDesign CS4 was installed on Win7. Back then, we assumed that the installer wasn't really compatible with Win7 and that the type library registration was skipped because of that. Problem is that it's still the case with CS6 on both, Win7 and 8.

Is there anyone around who could give me an explanation for this? May be even from Adobe themselves?

Thanks a lot.

Hans