I have a script set up currently to convert Icons into different sizes, types, and it uses a 16 bit color pallate that I currently have. When I automate my batch, say using PNG, the icons come out fine, because the PNG icons don't use the 16 colors. But as soon as I Automate a batch using my 16 bit color pallate, or 15 +1 JPG/BMP the Icons come out horriable. They size correctly, but the colors change say from light blue to a grey, or a red to an orange etc, and if the Icon has lettering it is impossible to make out what it says anymore.
PNG set up is 200x200, 40x40, 30x30, 20x20
JPG/BMP set up is 32x32, 24x24, 16x16
Here's an example I just grabbed this and ran it through the script. I started with the bottom image a 200x200 PNG, I went into Automate batch, and clicked on the 15+1 option JPG/BMP, and what I ended up with is the 32x32 below that you can't even make out.
Is there something I'm diong incorrectly or, does the problem lie in how many colors I have in my pallete 16 only.