2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 12:38 AM by samjones6

Need Help to download Flash Player 11

samjones6

I have Windows 7 operating system with Internet Explorer 64-bit. I am ab le to download Flash Player 11, dowdloading not a problem,but installation requires closing of internet explorer. Please give me step-by-step instructions to close it.

• 1. Re: Need Help to download Flash Player 11
          VikramGaur Adobe Employee

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

1) Launch Task Manager, Keyboard Shortcut : Ctrl+Shift+Esc or right click on Task Bar :

Untitled.png

2) Under "Processes" Tab, you will iexplore.exe/

3) Right Click, Kill that process

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

• 2. Re: Need Help to download Flash Player 11
            samjones6 Level 1

Vikram:

Your  instructions helped a little, but my problem was finally solved as explained below:

I completed the download/installation of Flash Player 11, but it did not work, it seemed to be "disabled".

I then  went to Adobe.com Flash Player Help (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html)

I followed the instructions:  Disable ActiveX Filtering (if using Internet Explorer 9)                                          Close Internet Explorer and then restart it. 

Next I downloaded/installed Google Chrome (Flash player is integrated into  Chrome and enabled by default).

My problem has been solved and the Flash Player/Google Chrome works perfectly.

Thanks,Sam Jones                                           

[private data removed]