2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 4:30 PM by Flexicious RSS

Hierarchical and grouped data display

community help Community Member

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7bf4.html

• 1. Re:  Hierarchical and grouped data display
          the0bot Community Member

"To display flat data as a hierarchy, you group the rows of the flat data before passing the data to the AdvancedDataGrid control"

So I have to filter and sort the data BEFORE I send it to the ADG?I have about 30,000 players, in 16 states, who either are or are not a member of an alliance.  There is more data along with, but I would like to to be able to filter it by state and/or alliance, similar to the way MS Excel does.

The data comes from the server in no particular order, and the state is derived from the coordinates on demand. I plan 2 view states, one by state, sub alliance, another by alliance sub player, but if I am reading this correctly, I have to run thru the data once to assign states, then sub sort each state by alliance the send the data to the grid?

• 2. Re:  Hierarchical and grouped data display
            Flexicious Community Member

Our Ultimate Grid was designed to handle situations like this. (Filtering across large Hierarchical DataSets). You might consider it if you are open to a third party commercial component.