3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 11:28 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere CS6 will not launch after install

Brian@@1234

I can see it in Programs to install/uninstall. I cannot see it in All Programs, nor is it pinned to the task bar. How can I get this program to launch?

• 1. Re: Premiere CS6 will not launch after install
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. First, a few questions: are you running your computer as an Administrator (not just a user account with Administrative Privleges)?
          2. Next, when you installed PrPro, did you get any error messages? If so, what did they say?
          3. Assume that you are on Windows. Is that correct?
          4. When you navigate to the EXE file, with Windows Explorer, or similar, and click on it, will the program launch?
          5. Do you have the very latest video driver for your video card? Check on the mfgr's. Web site, and do not trust your OS, or any utility to tell you, if you do.
          6. Do you have a lot of VST's, say for audio programs?

I'd start at the top, as the last two really do not come into play, until one is able to launch the program, and then it hanges, or closes. I do not think you are that far along yet.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere CS6 will not launch after install
            Brian@@1234 Level 1

Yes Windows 7, I tired as user with admin privledges and then as admin. No there are no error messages Yes the progrmam lauches and tells me it has loaded sucessfully. The latest video driver is installed.

• 3. Re: Premiere CS6 will not launch after install
              the_wine_snob Level 9

So, it is just the lack of the PrPro Icon, and the program showing up in the Start Menu then. Is that correct?

Can you create a new Shortcut on the Desktop that accesses PrPro?

Good luck,

Hunt