13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 6:49 PM by Chris Cox RSS

Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

anaguzik Community Member

I have this components in my pc.

I have windows 7 64 bits with ps cs6 and it crashes constantly, and also sometimes says there is not enough ram memory, for using erase tool for example.

intel core i7

gigabyte ga ex58 ud3r

xfx pcie gf8600g 1g ddr2 dvi tv

gskill ripjawar ddr3 12800cl9d 4gb x2

do you need any other detail that I can give?

thanks

• 1. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
          the_wine_snob Community Member

Welcome to the forum.

I would explore Windows Event Viewer, at the time of the crashes, looking for any warning, or error messages. With luck, some will have links. Follow those, and report what you find. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2031203#2031203

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Hi Bill, thanks for your answer. Where can I find the Windows Event Viewer? I havent used that function yet.

Besides that, what I mostly get is only Photoshop to crash, not the whole system. Does the Viewer works in those cases too?

many thanks again for your time

• 3. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
              Curt Y Community Member

Look in OS Help for Event Viewer.  If you can find Faulting module that is were probelem lies.

• 4. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Hi Bill, thanks for your answer. Where can I find the Windows Event Viewer? I havent used that function yet.

Besides that, what I mostly get is only Photoshop to crash, not the whole system. Does the Viewer works in those cases too?

many thanks again for your time

• 5. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
                  Noel Carboni Community Member

Click the Start button, type event into the search box.  Then click View Event Logs when it comes up from the search.

-Noel

• 6. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Hi, thanks to all and sorry if the questions seemed foolish, but this was a tool I never used.

This is the event I could find, I searched in the last ones and all of them say the same,

My apologies but it is in spanish, I hope you can see the important information and help me guess what is going on

thanks a lot

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: Photoshop.exe, versión: 13.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x4f61beba

Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000

Código de excepción: 0xc0000005

Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000a

Id. del proceso con errores: 0x13e8

Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01ce0406a753d641

Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown

Id. del informe: 581680aa-7003-11e2-a1d7-00241dc1ecf3

• 7. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
                      Curt Y Community Member

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores:unknown  =  Path Fault Module:unknown

So it did not gain much.  The best guess is a video driver.  Find your make and model and go to makers website.  Download the latest driver.

You can find GPU make in PS Help/system info.

• 8. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Many thanks Curt, that was fast!!! I will try that tomorrow and let you know!

• 9. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
                          Chris Cox Adobe Employee

Also, you're using 13.0.0, and should be on 13.0.1 or 13.1.2.

Please go install the updates.

• 10. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Hi everyone. This is a bit strange. I didn´t get to install the ps updates.

Besides that, I worked a couple of days with it and I got no trouble after installing the last video driver.

Now I´m getting new problems.

1. if I use a program called SYNCBACK which I use to sync information from hard drive to an external drive, I lose the aero transparency from win 7

2. I´m having constant crashes with the program I use to watch tv in the computer.

I don´t know if this has anything to do with adobe suite, but if you can help me decode this error messages, it would be very helpful for me

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: ATVR1.exe, versión: 5.5.0.7, marca de tiempo: 0x2a425e19

Nombre del módulo con errores: nvd3dum.dll_unloaded, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x50de9169

Desplazamiento de errores: 0x6a665854

Id. del proceso con errores: 0xab0

Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01ce06de04ca12da

Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\KWorld Multimedia\HyperMedia\DTVR\ATVR1.exe

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: nvd3dum.dll

Id. del informe: a9f80b7b-72e2-11e2-b678-00241dc1ecf3

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: ATVR1.exe, versión: 5.5.0.7, marca de tiempo: 0x2a425e19

Nombre del módulo con errores: nvd3dum.dll_unloaded, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x50de9169

Desplazamiento de errores: 0x6a405854

Id. del proceso con errores: 0x132c

Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01ce05a3ac9250d4

Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\KWorld Multimedia\HyperMedia\DTVR\ATVR1.exe

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: nvd3dum.dll

Id. del informe: 8f2bc8dd-7198-11e2-a5ed-00241dc1ecf3

• 11. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
                              Curt Y Community Member

If I read this correctly Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: nvd3dum.dll is the nVidia driver crashing.

You were using PS 13.0.0 did you update to 13.0.1 or higher depending on Win. Mac or Cloud?

• 12. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly

Hi, this is the last report I got.

I will try to install the update, but I don´t know if you have seen that I had crashes in other programs, do you think it could be because the lack of ps update? thanks

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: Photoshop.exe, versión: 13.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x4f61beba

Nombre del módulo con errores: Photoshop.exe, versión: 13.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x4f61beba

Desplazamiento de errores: 0x01193bef

Id. del proceso con errores: 0x146c

Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01ce070481104c46

Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

Id. del informe: 755b769b-7323-11e2-937d-00241dc1ecf3

• 13. Re: Photoshop cs6 crashes constantly
                                  Chris Cox Adobe Employee

You really need to install the updates to pick up all the bugs we've been fixing over the last year.