7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 7:02 PM by Jeff Bellune RSS

Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?

Pastor_Josh

I have made some countdowns for my church in the past and was working on one today when I ran across a new problem I haven't had before.  I'm still new to CS6  and am working on the trial right now.  This is really going to determine whether or not I purchase the program.  I have included a link to the final video so you can see the problem yourself.  I have tried changing values in the effect controls, making a new sequence, and even completely started over with a brand new project, but this issue is very persistant.  I can't seem to get any text to swivel and bend (I have it set up as a title) without getting this annoying glitchy bouncing randomly happening.  So far, this has been the only issue with the program I have had and I'm really loving it.  I've been doing video editing for years and this should be a simple video to make.  Keyframes have never given me this much trouble.  Please help!

http://youtu.be/S3kc6lAFM-0

• 2. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
          Pastor_Josh

Thank you for the welcome and willingness to help me solve this problem.  I'll try to answer all the questions from that link.  Here we go... 

- The version I'm using is Adobe Premiere CS6 v6.0.3 (I just updated it)

- I'm running a PC with Windows 7 64-bit

- I'm not sure what codecs are being used in source footage, sorry, but the error is happening with titles made in the program and not with imported footage

- I am not receiving any error messages

- I have no third party codecs installed

- My computer hardware will be listed below (copied from my invoice)

- I do not think I'm using GPU Acceleration (but I have looked for that option and have not been able to find it)

- The problem happens in both previews and final output

- The rest of the questions should have been answered in my previous post

ID-INFO 267563 CFGI7Z 1
          MODEL2 MEGA 1
          CABLE-301-202 10FT HDMI TO HDMI M/M VER1.4 CABLE 1
          CU-197-206 INTEL i7-960 3.20GHZ 8M 1366 RETAIL 1
          CU-OVERCLOCK-2 EXTREME OVERCLOCK (20% MORE) 1
          HD-504-115 30GB KINGSTON 2.5 IN SATA SSD MLC 1
          HD-MOUNT 3.5" FOR 2.5"/1.8" HDD MOUNTING KIT 1
          HD-403-302 1TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE 3.5" HD 1
          RM-317-501 2GB DDR3 / 1600 MHZ MEMORY 6
          FA-104-118 BLUE CASE FAN 120MM W/LED 2
          FA-WATER-401 XTREME GEAR 120MM WATERCOOLER WITH 120MM FAN 1
          CS-415-126 IN-WIN DRAGON RIDER FULL CASE NO POWER 1
          NL-202-107 BLUE 12" LIQUID NEON THUNDER LIGHT 1
          CD-135-302 ASUS 8X BLU-RAY COMOBO DRIVE 1
          SERVICE-301 M. FAN SERIES 1
          MR-104-101 12-IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER 1
          IE-101-101 IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE PCI CARD 1
          MB-340-121 GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R 3WAY CROSSFIRE & SLI DDR3 USB3.0 SATA3 1
          SERVICE-201 SOUND ABSORBING FOAM ON SIDE, TOP AND BOTTOM PANELS 1
          SERVICE-202 POWER SUPPLY GASKET 1
          SERVICE-104 ANTI-VIBRATION FAN MOUNTS 1
          MISC NO OPERATING SYSTEM 1
          PS-119-107 APEVIA 800WATT POWER SUPPLY 1
          MISC NO RUSH, 3 WEEK PRODUCTION 1
          VC-198-101 ATI RADEON HD 5570 1GB PCI-E 16X 1
          VC-198-101 ATI RADEON HD 5570 1GB PCI-E 16X 1
          BOX1 SYSTEM BOX AND FOAM 1
          DISC NORUSH (Non-Rush 5% Instant Rebate) 1
          SHIP UPS Ground 1
          FD-***-107 BLACK 3.5 MOUNTING KIT 1
          KB-153-101 BLACK MULTIMEDIA/ INTERNET USB KEYBOARD 1
          MO-107-101 BLACK USB MOUSE 1

The only difference is that I recently replaced the power supply with a 700W Mod XStream Pro power supply.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

• 3. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
            Jeff Bellune ACP

Are the effects you used built-in Premiere Pro effects or have you added an effects package or plugin?

The codec and footage information are important -- what camera was used to shoot it?  Is it interlaced or progressive?  Do the sequence settings match the footage?  Do the export settings match the source footage properties?  What is your export format and codec?  How do you intend to deliver and display the finished video?  All of these things can seriously affect the end result.

Do you really have 2 ATI video cards?  Depending on how they're configured, they can cause issues in Premiere Pro if they're used at the same time. 

Jeff

• 4. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
              Pastor_Josh

The effects came with the program.  There actually is no footage, just a video I downloaded off youtube as the background with an MP3 used as sound.  Here are the properties of the clip and mp3 pulled from premiere.

Type: Windows Media

File Size: 9.3 MB

Image Size: 640 x 480

Frame Rate: 29.97

Total Duration: 00:05:00:21

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Type: MP3 Audio

File Size: 5.2 MB

Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:05:42:27432

As far as export settings, I'm not sure they matter at this point, because this problem happens before I export anything.  This problem happens even during preview.  The final video is for display from a DVD player that goes to a projector.  Yes, I am running two ATI cards with crossfire.

• 5. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
                Jeff Bellune ACP

The key may well be in the sequence settings.  For example, if the footage is progressive and you edit in an interlaced sequence, or vice-versa.  Have you ever used this background clip before?

Jeff

• 6. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
                  Pastor_Josh

No, I have not used this background clip before, however, I tried troubleshooting with other clips and even with just the text and no other clips in a new project.  The issue persists every time.

• 7. Re: Premiere CS6, 3D text in my video is glitchy...is there a fix?
                    Jeff Bellune ACP
                    1. Try turning off crossfire.
                    2. What kind of file is the text?  Is it a Premiere Pro title or is it text from Photoshop or After Effects?
                    3. Are you editing in an interlaced sequence?  If so, try setting up a matching progressive sequence.

Jeff