7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2007 9:08 PM by Newsgroup_User

ATTN: David Stiller

Mary_Alice
      BTW, I created the website in Flash 8. Here is the code again that you sent. I clicked onto the SUBMIT button and it goes nowhere. No Thank you page comes. So something is wrong somewhere with the script. Please HELP me. I cannot stand all day long working on this scripting and getting nowhere. I need to have the Thank You page to appear and the typed form information to come to my email. Both are not working. WHY? Perhaps, there should be a period after the top lv ? on the line after release. Also, should there be two brackets on near bottom after the url line? Please HELP me solve situation..
      Mary Alice
        • 1. Re: ATTN: David Stiller
          Greg Dove Level 4
          try:
          my_lv = new LoadVars();
          • 2. Re: ATTN: David Stiller
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            and where's

re_lv=new LoadVars(); // ?
            • 3. ATTN: David Stiller
              Greg Dove Level 4
              kglad: ah, yes I missed that one. The new LoadVariables() part jumped out at me. The missing receiving LoadVars would be a showstopper too.
              • 4. Re: ATTN: David Stiller
                Mary_Alice Level 1
                Does the re_lv=new LoadVars();

take the place of this line????:

re_lv.onLoad = function(success) {
                • 5. Re: ATTN: David Stiller
                  clbeech Level 3
                  my_lv = new LoadVars and re_lv was defined in the original script.

Why do you continue to change it? Because it not working? It's not that part of the script that is the problem, if you are now finally receiving email with 'undefined', at least now you know that the call using this system is working. now the problem isn't the method, the problem is in the path to the textfield. Do the textfields have 'instance names'? are they located in the same MC as this button?

You know, at this point it would be best if you would post a link to the file, so we could see what the problem is.
                  • 6. Re: ATTN: David Stiller
                    Mary_Alice Level 1
                    I would like to post a link to the file. How would I do that...you would need to see the fla file, I would think. Please let me know on this. Do I press the mail link at top there?
                    • 7. Re: David Stiller
                      Level 7
                      Mary Alice,

> I cannot stand all day long working on this scripting and
                      > getting nowhere.

I believe it! That would frustrate me too! ;)

> I need to have the Thank You page to appear and the
                      > typed form information to come to my email. Both are
                      > not working. WHY?

Somehow, Mary Alice, I feel as if I've joined this conversation in the
                      middle. The last exchange we had, you mentioned the "must appear within
                      on/onClipEvent handler" error. clbeech and I answered that one within about
                      five minutes of each other, which means neither of us probably knew the
                      other had answered.

The question in that post was specifically about what the on/onClipEvent
                      message means. Based on your other posts, it looks like you've moved on
                      toward other questions -- which is good; that's progress :) -- so I'm not
                      sure that you still need input from me specifically. kglad and clbeech are
                      both very helpful.

I didn't want to leave this thread hanging, though, because it mentioned
                      me by name. If I can still be of help, I'll certainly try.

David Stiller
                      Adobe Community Expert
                      Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
                      "Luck is the residue of good design."