6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 6:57 PM by siiuu

Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member

hhensley21

What is the process of downloading the adobe touch apps as a Creative Cloud member without paying for them again in the app store?

• 1. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

The Adobe touch apps are not part of the Creative Cloud membership.

https://creative.adobe.com/apps

Adobe Touch Apps

Creative Cloud integrates with these Touch Apps, which can be purchased separately. Learn More

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
            Mslizzie_11

Hi,

Adobe should really change Download Center (https://creative.adobe.com/products) to not incluce touch apps if they're not part of CC. This is misleading and a ongoing question that Adobe hasn't address by removing from the Download Center.

Elizabeth

• 3. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
              francisco-neto Level 1

i agree with you

This is misleading information, more over false information

• 4. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
                Hairy Tangerine

Hello,

This is very misleading and in fact illegal.

You are advertising products at a fixed rate for all features and future updates, then you are charging additional fees for some of the product set said to be included.

I am handing this matter over to my lawyer. I have taken a screen grab of the download centre to prove the Photoshop Touch app is included in the Creative Cloud product set.

Regards

Steve

• 5. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
                  David__B Adobe Employee

I agree that the messaging could be clearer.

It does state that they are sold separately on the product page for Creative Cloud here: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/tools-and-services.html

(click to view larger)

sold_separately.jpg

But if you happened to miss this info before joining its confusing. We are in the process of improving the way they are labelled in the Download Center.

Sorry for the confusion

Regards,

-Dave

• 6. Re: Download touch apps as a Creative Cloud member
                    siiuu

Hi there!

The following is one creative's feeling on this rather niggling issue.

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber and an 'adobe creative suite'*  customer for almost 20 years . * (in all its incarnations)

I'm from Australia where we have consistantly been charged hundreds of dollars more for each and every product, and each and every update untill just recently when our government bought Adobe to their knees over Creative Cloud Subscriptions and forced them to offer us Aussies the same deal that those of you in the US enjoy. (though the full software prices remain an absoloute rout.)

Here in Australia Adobe have a history of charging us a lot extra because they can and the matter at hand is just another example of the same greedy mindset.

Seeing that there have been 564 views on this subject I feel that there is a issue that needs to be addressed here apart from the false or misleading advertising of the Adobe touch apps and wether they are or are not a part of Creative Cloud.

I believe the real question that we are, or should be, asking ourselves is, WHY SHOULD Creative Cloud subscribers BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THESE TOUCH APPS when access to the total range of adobe professional level software is all included in the subscription.? For what reason (other than greed) would the little apps be set apart from the rest?

Apps which obviously from their conception were always meant....

a- to be an integral part of the adobe creative cloud workflow

b - and specifically developed to sync directly to our creative cloud accounts

c - to create files which are seamlessly accessed by multiple adobe creative cloud software products across both desktop and portable operating systems.

These apps are not new concepts sitting appart from Adobe's Creative Cloud suite of products.

These apps are the 'touch' or portable counterparts or support apps to the Creative cloud software products for which we pay our subscription.

They are another way , a portable adaptation, of doing the same work we have always done at our desks. (PS they have a long way to reach their potential ).

Bottom line.........They should be available free!

In my opinion the existing situation is just a VERY BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS EXERCISE.

Any way you look at it it is annoying and upsetting your customers (especially those who are already paying dearly for your service), is just bad for business.

Adobe have already made Adobe Ideas free and they should simply bite the bullet and make photoshop touch etc free also, at least fro Creative cloud subscribers.

Reading the justifications in defence of charging us for these apps is just semantics at best and at worst just plain insulting our custom, our committment & our loyalty.

Afterall we are speaking about $10.49 AU for photoshop touch, and a couple of dollars each for the other supporting mini apps.

Come on Adobe get your act together, In times past we have paid thousands of dollars year after year, for update after update, but at least we owned the software at the end of the day.

Now you have asked us to trust in you by paying for access to use your software on a subscription basis ( heaven help anyone if for some reason we cant afford the payment one month, can you immagine? we can no longer open our files or do any work ) and in spite of this we are still following your lead and moving forward with you.

So I ask that you please dont reward our loyalty by starting to gouge us now with these silly attempts at just making an extra few bucks out of us. It's very sad and quite frankly it's the principal of the matter that bugs me.

All these areguments on behalf of Adobe, like the reply quoted below from David_B " from Adobe staff, in my opinion, only serve to frustrate.

Afterall, doing something just because you can, and because you have the right to, doesn't make it right and doesn't make it good for business.

I think in this day and age if you have no respect for your customers and if you dont show them that they are valued, sooner or later we will just start to walk the other way.

Free services like GIMP are not  inferior alternatives, more likely just speed bumps that most of us chose to avoid right now but for how long?

I've read so much about great business practicess, about not only having great products but having great customer service and the rule seems to be that to retain your customers loyalty one should always give more than the customer expects. In this instance something just feels wrong, not a good result I think.

So I'm obviously passionate about this subject and I hope I've made my point, and for those who have been kind enough to read this far , thank you for your time : )

There is a saying " opinions are like ******, everyone has one!.......  so what is the good of my rave if there is no FOLLOWUP ACTION?

If there is anyone out there who might know how we might get ourselves heard in a way that Adobe might take us seriously I'd love to hear some ideas.

Right now all I have is a bad taste in my mouth. >: P

I await to be shown that I am wrong about Adobe's attitude towards us.

Namaste

Sii

I agree that the messaging could be clearer.

It does state that they are sold separately on the product page for Creative Cloud here"

But if you happened to miss this info before joining its confusing. We are in the process of improving the way they are labelled in the Download Center.

Sorry for the confusion