• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import an existing project into another existing project?

Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10

I will need to bring in all the contents of a smaller WebHelp project into a larger WebHelp project.

I have found some discussion of merging, but I think this is a different matter (unless I am mistaken). I want to permanently incorporate the content of the smaller project into the larger project.

What is the best method for doing this please?

--

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So you want to COMBINE projects. The way I would begin that would be to IMPORT all the topics from one project to the other. You will then have to add the Index keywords and Table Of Contents entries after the topics have been imported.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I should have mentioned too that the project I want to bring into the larger project has a rather intricate network of inter-topic links and I would like to preserve these linkages. Will this be posible or will I need to redo it all?

Also, can the topics be imported a batch, or must it be done one-at-a-time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Sure, you can import the topics as a "batch" by selecting many topics at once.

As for the links, I'm thinking that as long as you maintain the relative locations between the linked topics, that all should be fine.

What I mean by the relative locations is to say that if you have a folder structure in the source project, you will need to ensure you have the identical folder structure in the destination. Then ensure the topics are copied to the exact folders.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp