Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different images when previewed or published

Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Cp6 in two separate files I get a different image (jpg) from the one I inserted, when I publish the file..

On the first occasion it is on an animated slide and on the second occasion it is on a slidelet . The correct image displays when I preview the lesson (using play from this slide) however when I publish the lesson it picks up an image from elsewhere, and inserts it instead of the correct image.

Any idea what could be causing this, and any suggestions to prevent it?

changing_image.jpgMany thanks Mike.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Adobe Community.

Before we proceed I have few questions that can help in understanding the Problem.

• What operating system you have on your computer?
  • Which version of Adobe captivate it is?
  • Is this happening on a specific project or on all of the projects?
  • Have you tested this on a new blank project?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See below

Many thanks – much appreciated!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies, Ididn't realise it would not insert the original text if I responded to each question as below!! Here is the response again, thanks Mike

Before we proceed I have few questions that can help in understanding the Problem.

• What operating system you have on your computer? Windows xp and IE explorer 8
  • Which version of Adobe captivate it is? 6.0.1.240
  • Is this happening on a specific project or on all of the projects?

So far I have created two projects. The first has 46 pages, and the image swap occurs on page 37. There are five images on that page, four of them are animated and one of the four images is substituted with the image from page 41 when I compile the project. It displays correctly when I preview the project.   

Page 41 displays correctly in the compiled project.

There are approx 55 images in the project (excluding buttons) and the project was created using a template.

The second instance occurs on page four of the project which at present is 26 pages long (but not yet complete) It occurs on a rollover image.

There are 52 images in the project so far. Again it displays correctly in the preview, but not when the project is compiled.

I know when I started learning captivate I came across something which said delete cache, but I can’t find it now, and I’m wondering if the problem arises because of stuff in the cache?

• Have you tested this on a new blank project?

It seems to be a random event, I created a number of small projects when I started learning captivate, but it didn’t happen in them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources