8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 9:31 AM by foxdown88 RSS

uploading to youtube

foxdown88 Community Member

I have read previous posts on this subject and the comment that Youtube often change their specs. The various remedial suggestions seem a bit technical for me. Even going into Youtube and trying to upload files does not seem to work.

It would not upload a file I had loaded a few days ago.

I use PE 10 . I am thinking of trying to upload to Vimeo instead which PE 10 does not support. Does PE 11 support Vimeo?

If so it will give me an excuse to upgrade.

Thanks

• 1. Re: uploading to youtube
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

Version 11 does indeed give you a direct link to Vimeo as well as YouTube and Facebook.

Although, in version 10 as well as 11, you can also use Share/Computer/AVCHD, where you'll find presets that are optimized for outputting video for YouTube and Vimeo (either one of which will also work for video you plan to upload to Facebook and Flickr).

• 2. Re: uploading to youtube
            whsprague Community Member

foxdown88 wrote:

....... The various remedial suggestions seem a bit technical for me. Even going into Youtube and trying to upload files does not seem to work.   It would not upload a file I had loaded a few days ago.

If you provide a little more detail, I can probably help.  What steps didn't work?  What camera footage file type did you start with?  How long is your video?

The process that works best for me is to create the video file like Steve says.  It is the same in 10 and 11.  Then use the YouTube upload page here:  https://www.youtube.com/upload

Bill

• 3. Re: uploading to youtube

Thanks Bill

I will try Steve's suggestion.

In answer to your question about the detail.

The source file was AVI.

When I went into Share I chose YouTube

Up came

Flash video

H.264

640x480

30 fps

file size  2min 38 sec

I press  Next but in the next screen asking for the title and description the Next button is greyed out.

When I log into YouTube separately and try and upload the file ( and one I have previously uploaded successfully) the message is  ' the video has failed to process'

• 4. Re: uploading to youtube
                whsprague Community Member

Can you try one of the other YouTube presets?  Depending on your source footage, 640x480 might be pretty bad anyway.

• 5. Re: uploading to youtube

Thanks

I have tried all the other non HD presets and the next button is still greyed out. Very annoying but the good news is that I have successfully uploaded to Vimeo . See  https://vimeo.com/user13747012/videos

• 6. Re: uploading to youtube
                    coolvideo12 Community Member

Next button on YouTube details screen will be enabled once you enter Title and Description .

• 7. Re: uploading to youtube
                      the_wine_snob Community Member

Foxdown,

Researching the YouTube issue a bit more, yielded a response from Adobe. Right at the end of 2012, YouTube did make a change in the handling of uploads, but all should have been fixed by about mid-January, 2013.

However, and with that said, it seems that as of early Feb, 2013, some Premiere Elements users were still experiencing issues. I wonder if you were able to rectify the issue with the direct uploading from PrE? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: uploading to youtube

Thanks Bill

Have just created a new clip and tried to upload to PrE but have the same problem  ie the Next button is greyed out.  However now I have discovered I can download using the AVCH setting to Vimeo and then upload the file into Vimeo; I tried the same thing with the YouTube setting and have successfully uploaded to YouTube

http://youtu.be/8yjlfSU74aI