5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2006 6:06 AM by Newsgroup_User

Total newbie trying to get started.

cpekarek
      I have a domain name and am going to sign up with a web hosting company. If I purchase Contribute, can I use it to design a new web site or is Contribute only used to edit existing web pages? TIA
        • 1. Re: Total newbie trying to get started.
          arao2k6 Level 2
          Hi ,

You can use Contribute to create new pages on your website. Contribute also provides a set of starter webpages bundled with it to get you started instantly !!
          • 2. Re: Total newbie trying to get started.
            Level 7
            Contribute can only be used to edit a site that's already built. It can
            allow you to create new pages at an existing site, but it's not possible to
            create pages from scratch and build a new site. If you're looking for
            something easy you might look at NetObjects Fusion for Windows or Freeway
            for the Mac.

On 8/2/06 4:31 PM, in article earcjv$fc2$1@forums.macromedia.com, "cpekarek"
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> I have a domain name and am going to sign up with a web hosting company. If I
            > purchase Contribute, can I use it to design a new web site or is Contribute
            > only used to edit existing web pages? TIA

• 3. Re: Total newbie trying to get started.
              Level 7
              Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean, Art, but you can create
              pages from scratch, and thus create a whole new site using Contribute.
              For example, my company just setup a new website within IIS for me, with
              no files within it, i.e. a totally empty site. Using Contribute I can
              create brand new pages from scratch and publish them to this new site,
              thus creating a brand new website.
              • 4. Re: Total newbie trying to get started.
                arao2k6 Level 2
                Contribute can surely create a website from scratch...Contribute is very well know among users who are new to website!!

Check out the whole set of templates in Starter Webpages which can be found in the Create newpage dialog.

Not sure what Art meant....
                • 5. Re: Total newbie trying to get started.
                  Level 7
                  My mistake... I have clients using Contribute, but I never realized it can
                  create a site from scratch, so to speak.

On 8/15/06 10:52 PM, in article ebubq2$pnn$1@forums.macromedia.com,
                  "arao2k6" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Contribute can surely create a website from scratch...Contribute is very well
                  > know among users who are new to website!!
                  >
                  > Check out the whole set of templates in Starter Webpages which can be found
                  > in
                  > the Create newpage dialog.
                  >
                  > Not sure what Art meant....
                  >