Is this button being used for interactive PDF, for SWF output, or for Digital Publishing Suite?
Although you can apply multiple events to a button, the "go to page" event will trump all others, and the animation will not be viewed. I have a workaround that involves page loads instead, and will use 2 pages:
- On first page, have the button with the event "go to page 2" with "on click" (no animation)
- Duplicate button, place in same position on page 2
- Page 2 is layered like this: 1. Duplicate Button 2. Coverup 3 Contents of Page 2
- Duplicate button will have animation triggered by page load, then moves off page
- Using Timing Panel, have Coverup move off the page "on page load", after the animation of button finishes
- Finally the contents of page 2 is revealed with Button and Coverup no longer on the stage
If you would like, I can send you a file that demonstrates this workaround.
Ok thanks i'll give this a try.
I did actually find a different workaround, by creating an invisible box that fills the whole page, that has 'go to next page' event when 'rolled over'. This box would become active 2 seconds after the inital button was clicked. Obviously that would mean that if i was to have duplicate buttons then there are lots of invisible layers and it could get confusing, so I will try your way to see what works best.