We are constantly having issues with Adobe Presenter - I am about to upgrade a set of PC's and Laptops to Presenter 8 - and would love to know if there is an ideal spec.
1. PC or Laptop Spec http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/presenter/tech-specs.html
2. Presenter - can now have two different installations - 32 & 64 - how do I know which one I am getting when I download?*Adobe Presenter support for 64 bit is available with Adobe Presenter 8.0.1 from 09th September, 2012.
3. Windows 7?
4. Office 2010 ( 32 bit only?)
5. Powerpoint 2010 - Microsoft® PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 (32-bit) for Adobe Presenter 32-bit installations; Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010 (64-bit) for Adobe Presenter 64-bit* installations
6. How do I get a message about upgrades and issues sent to me directly?
Sandra - in central London HE
1. Stick with the listed or better specs.
2. It should install the version that is applicable to the version of PPT you have installed on the computer (32 or 64 bit).
3. Yep, works on Windows 7.
4. Office 2007 or 2010, 32 or 64 bit should work.
5. Either version of PPT should work.
6. I don't believe there is a way to get auto-notified. Register Presenter as a product associated with your Adobe.com account, and you may see something, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
I have been using Presenter 8 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) OS, MS PPT 2007 32 bit since Presenter 8 came out, and it works fine for me. \
As to resources, if you keep an eye on the Presenter Help page, there are posts about issues and their solutions and a link to the known issues for Presenter. There are also links to download the updates, if desired.