5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 11:59 AM by jordanedit RSS

Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.

jordanedit Community Member

I have been through the tutorials and adobe white papers and do not understand how to get Multi cam target sequence to output more than one channel. I have two mono audio tracks on the sequence, out putting to stereo, I need to take that target sequence and edit onto another sequence. As I insert the target sequence onto the new sequence I only get one channel. How do I set this up?

CS 6 premiere.

Thanks, 

Jim

• 1. Re: Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.
          JSS1138 Community Member

What I do is renest the multicam sequence onto track 2 of the target sequence after I'm done with the cut.  The I remove the video and move the uncut audio over to track 1, overwriting the cut audio.  This gives me all audio from the original sequence.

• 2. Re: Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.

Is it true that the target sequence only outputs one channel no matter what?

My work flow for this project is one character on one mono channel and another character on another mono channel. I was easy to take the audio from the original clips and place it on the target sequence. But when I bring the target sequence into a final edit sequence only one channel shows up. I did figure how to engage multiple tracks on a target sequence but again only one channel is output and I want to edit the audio tracks as each character talks. I am thinking I will copy and paste the video and audio to the final edit sequence and make edits.

thanks,

Jim

• 3. Re: Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.

I believe I have it working. My custom sequence was set to Mono and I did not catch it. The audio from the target sequence follows through to the final edit sequence, even audio edits I make after inserted into the final sequence. I am only getting a mono out from the target sequence but this will work for my project. If it is possible to get multi track out from a target sequence I would be interested.

thanks,

Jim

• 4. Re: Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Right click the sequence in the Project Panel and choose > Open in Timeline.

That way, your sequence will open with all tracks available.

You can then try Toggle Track Output to enable more audio tracks.

• 5. Re: Multi audio tracks on Multi-cam target sequence.

Thanks, I do have an understanding of this process now, although I did not when I first posted. When I do enable those tracks the audio does follow though but the target sequence still is only outputing one track. Is it possible to output multi tracks from the target sequence?

Thanks,

Jim