2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 3:26 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Using Shot Mark or Index on Panasonic AF100 with Prelude or Premier CS6

Mike Berlin Level 1

I want to shoot footage with my AF100 and use the Index or Shot Mark function on the camera - then somehow see those markings when I got to import or edit footage in Prelude or Premier. I want to be able to mark my good takes. I would also like to make marks on the clip while it's rolling. The camera manual says that it has the function but I can't find where in CS6 this info is revealed. Anyone else know how to do this ?

My practicle application is shooting speakers from back of the room - using this to note when they flip to the next power point slide that is off frame...

Thanks !

Mike

• 1. Re: Using Shot Mark or Index on Panasonic AF100 with Prelude or Premier CS6
          shooternz Level 6

Your practical application for this is a good idea and something I would be interested in  achieiving as well for an upcoming project involving a powerpoint and a speaker ( in studio).

I do not think that it can be done from the AF100 marker via Premiere though.

I am intending to log the footage and the relevant timecodes at the marker points separately.

FWIW: I am filming the speakers in studio (no audience) and I am playiung the powerpoint through an autocue.  Objective : eye contact with the lens (audience) at all times.

I convinced the client that filming live powerpoint seminars is just not worth it because of the technical complications and ugly performance results.

• 2. Re: Using Shot Mark or Index on Panasonic AF100 with Prelude or Premier CS6
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Mike Berlin wrote:

I want to shoot footage with my AF100 and use the Index or Shot Mark function on the camera - then somehow see those markings when I got to import or edit footage in Prelude or Premier. I want to be able to mark my good takes. I would also like to make marks on the clip while it's rolling. The camera manual says that it has the function but I can't find where in CS6 this info is revealed. Anyone else know how to do this ?

I can find no information that Index or Shot Mark works with non-linear editing software. It's likely an in-camera only feature. Sorry, I don't think this is supported.