3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 12:47 PM by Noel Carboni RSS

CS6 grid problem

when im  using photoshop cs6 I turn on the grid an set the width and height of the grid to be 1 pixel by 1 pixel. However, the grid shows up as what looks like 0.4 of a pixelGridError.png

• 1. Re: CS6 grid problem
          Noel Carboni Community Member

Might be helpful to describe what version you have, what OS you're running it on, and some other info about your system, including video card, disiplay driver version...

I can't reproduce that.  It shows up a full pixel size for me (I'm running 13.0.1).

Do you see the same thing if you turn off the grid (View - Show - (uncheck) Grid), and turn on the Pixel Grid?

Seems to me there were some problems seen with the Eyedropper tool introduced in 13.0.2 and 13.1 where it wouldn't sample properly, seeming to find more than one value inside the same pixel.  I wonder if that could be related.  If it is, I'm sure Adobe knows about it; perhaps the fix is already in the works.

• 2. Re: CS6 grid problem
            Logan_nk Community Member

System info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3203 MHz

Built-in memory: 8154 MB

Free memory: 6070 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 7222 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 4

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

Video Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Video Card Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Display: 1

The pixel grid works fine and if i turn the grid size up to 4 pixels with 4 subdivisions it works. and magically, when i changed it back to grid size 1 it began to work correctly. Maybe it was a subvision problem... we will never know

• 3. Re: CS6 grid problem
              Noel Carboni Community Member

Interesting.  I can't imagine how changing it to different values should have corrected it.

You might want to consider upgrading Photoshop to the latest update (which differs depending on whether you have cloud subscription).