4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 7:34 AM by Gene--O

Hidden Subforms

Gene--O

Good Afternoon All,

I am not very familiar with subforms, so PLEASE help!

I have created a file with a drop down box called "Applicant Type". There are 4 possible values in this box: "Individual" "Partnership" "Assocation" and "Corporation".

I have created 4 subforms with corresponding names: "IndividualSub" "PartnerSub" "AssociationSub" "CorporationSub". All of these subforms are "hidden" in the Initialize Event of each one.

I am trying to create a script that makes the appropriate subform become visible when the corresponding option is selected from the drop down box.

I have inserted this script in the Change event of "Applicant Type" (FormCalc, Client):

if ($.rawValue==3) then IndividualSub.presence="visible" else IndividualSub.presence="hidden" endif

if ($.rawValue==2) then PartnerSub.presence="visible" else PartnerSub.presence="hidden" endif

if ($.rawValue==1) then AssociationSub.presence="visible" else AssociationSub.presence="hidden" endif

if ($.rawValue==0) then CorporationSub.presence="visible" else CorporationSub.presence="hidden" endif

The first time I activate the drop down, nothing happens. Each subsequent activation of the drop down makes one of the subforms appear, BUT, usually not the correct one. If I select "Corporation", I may get the "AssociationSub", etc.

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES2 v9

I would be glad to upload the file for anyone to look at, if you will provide me instructions on how to do so.

thanks in advance!

Gene-O