22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 5:29 PM by Michelmnr

PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

srb1000

I encoded in PPro6 and then imported an mpeg2 project as a timeline from PPro6 into Encore.  When I try to burn a DVD, I get an error message: PGC "" has an error at 00;00;00;00.  Internal software error: 50, line "" Info: name = "", ref= Bpgc, time = 00;00;00;00;00.

The project was fully rendered in PPro.  I've re-exported 3 times, and it happens every time. 

I did a search on the Forum, and found one other person who had this problem, but their problem turned out to be with their audio.  My project has no audio at all.  Just video.

Thank you for any help/ideas/suggestions you may have! I'm totally flummoxed.

• 1. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

What worked for one user:

"I deleted all the subtitles (I have 3 languages), changing their names to the simplest as possible (English.txt and so on...) and added them again. Worked perfectly."

• 2. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
            srb1000 Level 1

Thanks, Kevin.  No subtitles in this project.  Nothing unusual at all.  In one place, have layered some tracks, but that's never caused problems before.

• 3. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
              Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

srb, is that the full error message? If you removed part of it, were they names of timelines?

• 4. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                srb1000 Level 1

Hi Stan,

That's right.  What's missing in the error message is what's between the quote marks, and that is the name of the project.

I'm looking at the clips in my timeline, and I just noticed that some clips have a light purple line at the top, others have a green line, and others have no line at all.  This is in the clip itself on the video track, not in the timeline bar at the top of timeline.  That whole bar has a green line, from being fully rendered.  Could these colored lines in the video clips mean anything?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

• 5. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

I am sure someone else will respond to your question about the Premiere sequence. (My guess is it is not relevant to the Encore error.)

In CS3 there were odd PGC errors for some users. In CS5 and later, PGC errors are usually more specific. There is something wrong with the form of your error. So please confirm it. The error is not a project name; it relates to a timeline, slideshow etc. The fact that the error is at zero time is interesting.

Be sure you run "as administrator," that there are no gaps in the timeline, that your filenames are not very long, and that there are no spaces in your filenames. I am fairly conviced that some of these no longer matter, but eliminating them helps narrow down possible causes.

• 6. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                    srb1000 Level 1

Thank you, Stan.  Much appreciate your advice.

I'll post again in a few hours as soon as I can run a new trial  and doublecheck that I relayed the error message accurately.

What does it mean to run as "an administrator"?  I found this info about running as an administrator on another forum, but when I right click on my PPro icon, I do not get an option for "Properties". 

"Right click the Encore icon on your desktop

Select Properties

Shortcut tab

Select Advanced

Click the Run as Admin option

Click OK

Click OK"

I am the only one using PPro on my computer, and I own it, so wouldn't that make me the administrator, or do I need to do something additionally?

I do have spaces in some filenames, but that's never been a problem before.  I'll go thru' now and change/shorten filenames.  I don't know the guidelines on renaming clips, so will need to figure that out.  Any quick tips on that?

• 7. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                      srb1000 Level 1

Hi Stan,

Just ran another test after deleting all spaces in filenames.  Here's the error message:

PGC "Testing projection export" has an error at 00;00;00;00

internal software error. %0, line Testing Projecction Export - PGC Info: name = Testing projection export, ref = Bpgc, time = 00;00;00;00

"Testing projection export" is the name of my exported timeline

Any thoughts on what's happening?

• 8. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

What does it mean to run as "an administrator"?  I found this info about running as an administrator on another forum, but when I right click on my PPro icon, I do not get an option for "Properties".

It is Encore you must run as administrator.

• 9. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

Any thoughts on what's happening?

No. This is a pretty plain vanilla PGC error message, and I recall very few to none in CS5 and CS6.

That said, it does probably related to the timeline/asset. Do you have only one?

Export a short section of that sequence, and import as timeline into a new Encore project. Does the error appear?

• 10. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                            srb1000 Level 1

Thanks, Stan.  How do I do that?  When right-click on the Encore icon, I don't have a "select properties" tab. 

Also, I've found another forum conversation about this same problem on Creative Cow:  http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/869327

3 other people had the problem, and 2 of them mention that they are running from a Retina MacBook Pro on Mountain Lion (my situation).

I just tested one of the solutions they found -- removing motion effects.  That didn't work for me. Still same problem.  Someone else worked around it by: 

"My solution( after days, re-making my project, re-exporting in various formats without sucess):

1) In Premiere (I have CS5) project, in the timeline,  take the Set Encore Chapter Marker and advance 1 frame after(in my project, before was in 00:00:00:00. Now, 00:00:00:01).

2) Then export normally, again."

I am now trying this test.

• 11. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                              srb1000 Level 1

This is what I've been doing today.  Still gives me the same error.  See my reply to your other response.  Thanks for thinking about this with me!

• 12. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

Also, I've found another forum conversation about this same problem on Creative Cow:  http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/869327

3 other people had the problem, and 2 of them mention that they are running from a Retina MacBook Pro on Mountain Lion (my situation).

Not all of them confirmed the exact error message. And PGC errors for Encore timelines are usually different creatures for those for menus. As you can see from their solutions, very hard to pin down.

One of the old workarounds for certain PGC errors in CS3 when the problem is related to chapter markers, is to delete the xml sidecar file that Premiere/AME/Encore creates when transcoding/exporting. Delete/rename the file with the .xmpses extension, create a new Encore project as a test, import as timeline the m2v file. See if the error is gone.

• 13. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                  srb1000 Level 1

I don't have an xml sidecar file from my export. It's already being exported as an .xmpses Here's what I have:

Any other ideas?  Is there a way I can ask a PPRo staff person?  I don't know how that works.  THanks!file names of exported timeline files 2.jpg

• 14. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

Sorry for the confusion. The .xmpses file is an xml (type) file.

Rename the file .xmpses.old and the .xmp renamed as .xmp.old (I don't recall for sure whether there was ever any benefit to renaming the .xmp file. We want to maximize the chances that it works, so rename both.)

Now create the new Encore test project, and import the .m2v as timeline.

• 15. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                      srb1000 Level 1

Got it.  After renaming, leave the files in the folder?  Your earlier message said to delete them.

So even tho these files aren't being imported in Encore, they can still  mess things up?

• 16. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

Delete or rename. For you, since here it is a test to see if that makes any difference, I would rename so you can name them back without reencoding.

The .xmpses file carries the chapter info. Even though the file is not "imported" to Encore, Encore does read the file and uses the info. If the file is not there, it does not interfere with the video file itself, but Encore just gets no chapter info.

I had to use this method quite a bit in CS3. It is a pain doing (redoing) all the chapter markers in Encore, but not as bad as not getting the project finished!

1 person found this helpful
                                        • 17. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                          srb1000 Level 1

It worked!!! 

What is best practice with the renamed files after I'm finished in Encore?  Should I leave them renamed with the ".old" tag on them? 

Stan, I can't thank you enough.  I feel like I have an angel perched on my shoulder today -- you!

• 18. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error

What is best practice with the renamed files after I'm finished in Encore?  Should I leave them renamed with the ".old" tag on them?

It really doesn't matter. They are little files; I'd keep them in the event I later found a way to use the data they provide.

Yes, you know us "Stan's" - Often called Stan the Man, but rarely Stan the Angel!

• 19. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                              srb1000 Level 1

Well, today you get to be Stan the Angel.  I think it fits you very nicely!

• 20. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                                Ludikris

Stan Jones wrote:

The .xmpses file is an xml (type) file.

Rename the file .xmpses.old and the .xmp renamed as .xmp.old (I don't recall for sure whether there was ever any benefit to renaming the .xmp file. We want to maximize the chances that it works, so rename both.)

Can I just say Stan I am so so grateful for this post. So easy to do and solved my problem!!! I was beyond fed up with the whole thing. After having such problems with Dynamic Link causing slight flickering in my videos I have tried to go back to Exporting with my own settings for Encore in CS6 but found it caused so many more problems than it ever did in previous versions of the programmes. I tried exporting the sequences in so many different ways, different bit rates, including Encore chaptering before Encore and even nesting. Had so many different errors like 52102, line 332 and this PGC error was the final one and my biggest problem. Cannot believe how simple it was. I normally chapter within Encore anyway so changing a little file name of the other 2 connected files of my sequence really was no bother at all.

I honestly think this is the answer to many of the problems that I have had in Encore as the errors although in different forms, more often than not, seem to be chapter related.

it is now 1.45am and because of you I can now go to bed to get up and film another event in the morning. CHEERS! (don't worry I'm a girl lol)

• 22. Re: PPro6 to Encore "internal software" error
                                                  Michelmnr Level 1

Hi Stan the angel

got to this discussion having heaps of probs with the whole lot. Downgraded my project to dvd instead of blu ray  and had a 30 (36) something gb that fitted on a DVD! but no sound - I realised I'd suppressed the audio in PP (CS4) before exporting as media! Redone the PP export media and imported in Encore...This time it would not encode. Did  a lot of reading found out about file names, spaces blancks etc. So redone a new project had the new .avi file

"Africa2015GrdFinal.avi"

I imported it as a time line in Encore. (Before I exported it from PP I added a couple of audio segment under rolling tittle I forgot b4).

This new project takes ages to start in Encore, and when it's there it's not playing properly sometimes the sound is on or off when I play it in the monitor and I can see the time line is purpul?

There are only two clips one audio and one video?

PS I just realised it's FEB 2013. I hope it may be caught just the same.