12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 4:48 PM by John Waller

Am I entitled to download CS2 products when I own an older Photoshop version?

Bendrau

I just installed my owned Photoshop CS (1), and can no longer activate it on my machine, meaning I can't use it after a 30-day trial period.

According to this page (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.htm l) any version of Photoshop or other Adobe software older than CS3 will no longer activate.

But it only gives a solution to those who own CS2. It says "The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

I have Photoshop CS (1), so does this solution not apply to me? I know that I can download CS2 from there, there's nothing actually stopping anyone from downloading them, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if I'm actually entitled to it?

And if I'm not, what am I supposed to do? I can't justify spending £600 on new software when what I had has everything I need and runs perfectly fine on my machine. Is the software I paid for completely useless now?

Thank you for any help.