3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 6:32 AM by Michael Witherell

Border to tablestyle

Lifape123

I am struggling to add border to a table that is created with tablestyle and cell styles. The border adds just to the top of the head cells and to the right and left of the body cells. Thus, not right and left of the head cells or as a bottom line (no footercells in this table).

Any suggestions as to what is wrong or what I can check out?

• 1. Re: Border to tablestyle
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

Look at your CellStyles Panel. If you have the whole table selected, and then you see a plus sign on some of the cellstyles, then click the buttons at the bottom that remove all attributes not defined by the style. Once the dreaded plus signs have vanished, your top-down Table Styles with their retinue of Cell Styles should play through correctly.

• 2. Re: Border to tablestyle
            Lifape123 Level 1

Thankyou for your answer. I made theese tables with Table style, and choosed the Cellstyles through the Table style option. When I now select the whole table, the cellstyles do not look active, only the default [none]. Unfortunately I therefore do not have the opportunity to change the cells by clicking the plus signs. I start to belive I will have to put on the frame manually, to all of the 1000 tables I have allready made this way...

• 3. Re: Border to tablestyle
              Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

In Table Styles, you can click the Clear Overrides in Selection button.

In\Cell Styles, you can click the Clear Overrides in Selection button or the Clear Attributes Not Defined by Style

If you see a None lit up in blue (you should) and it also has a + sign, then you can Alt/Opt click a bit left of the label. Opt/Alt clicking a style reasserts the style or the None and thus drives away local direct formatting commands which are messing with your view. You do not click the +  sign itself.

Generally, a clean table has neither directly applied formatting nor directly applied cellstyles; only the top-level TableStyle applied. If anything under the top level TableStyle is being directly applied, it trumps the style and wins the appearance view. Clear as mud, I trust?