Thank you for using FormsCentral.
To better help you, could you clarify are you the orignal author of the form?
Please also confirm if this is what happened to you.
1. You enabled Notification in Options tab
2. You received the email notification but when you clicked at the form URL in that email, you appeared as a co-author instead of an author of the form in FormsCentral.
1 person found this helpful
I misinterpreted your post. Sorry about that.
Please confirm if this what happened to you,
1. You are using Submission Receipts in Options tab
2. You add another email address in the "from" address
3. Something is wrong with the email verification process for that new email address
And, could you share the form with me so I can take a look? If you can, please share it to email@example.com.
We have tracked down a bug that may be related to the problems that you were seeing. As a workaround, please have the original author open the document after the new user verifies the email address. If the author has the document open, he or she may need to close and reopen the document once the email address is verified.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this bug may have caused you.
All the best,
This does not work for me either! I want the form to com from a different email address than the original on the account because it is a job posting, Although I invited the secondary email it still shows unverified with an alert , ho do you verify another email address?? The error message is attached
Message was edited by: prettybrwngirl
You need to create an account (can be a Free account) for firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have to verify/confirm your email after the TOU (terms of usage) is accepted.
Once the account is create and the email confirmed you will be able to receive notifications to that email address.