1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 8:03 PM by Jeff Arola

Updating CS3 on OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

ChicagoOutfit

Hello there,

I have just made the jump from OSX 10.6.8 to OSX 10.8.2. It's been so long that I've updated my iMac, that I forgot about any issues with PowerPC/Rosetta/etc. I did a clean install on my iMac, and brought it up to Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.2). After this, I installed Adobe CS3 onto Mountain Lion and had no problems with the installation and starting it up and using.

Having used CS3 Photoshop 10.0.1 for years with OSX 10.6.8, I knew that I had to run an update to take my virgin install from Photoshop 10.0.0 to the more current Photoshop 10.0.1 on the new OSX 10.8.2. And here is where I am getting a problem:

- The Adobe Updater does not detect any updates, so I am stuck with CS3 Photoshop 10.0.0, and am unable to update it. How can I accomplish an update?

I have tried several things, including manually downloading the "Adobe Photoshop 10.0.1 update for Adobe Photoshop CS3" from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3775 ... but Mountain Lion does not let me run the patch because of an alert that it isn't part the app (I'm at work now, so I forget the exact term issued).

I have also read extensively about using the Terminal to command-line the update... is this safe? Can anyone point me to the exact set of terms to type in Terminal, as I'm uneasy about going into the OS with Terminal and coding things?

I have also read about setting the iMac's clock back to October 1, 2011 so that the Adobe Updater's receipt file doesn't think that it's expired? Is this something to try that is safe, and then change the clock back to present day?

So, if anyone can please help me understand how to take my virgin install of CS3 Photoshop 10.0.0 to CS3 Photoshop 10.0.1, it would be greatly appreciated. This, of course, goes for all of the products in CS3 that I cannot update. Thanks so much in advance,

ChicagoOutfit