Clearly Elements is being a bit of a drama queen over this. Any idea for a fix?
Apart from installing the latest printer drivers for Windows 7 the answer is emphatically NO. You say "There are no other printer drivers allowed on the machine (big green policy thing here)." so this rules out almost any fixes available for your printer.
Ah... Should have mentioned - I have confirmed that the Ricoh driver is the latest version
1 person found this helpful
How about first printing to a pdf file from PSE11 and then printing the resultant pdf file to your Ricoh printer. Does this work?
Also, if you can't create a pdf file then try creating an XPS file by going to:
File >> Print >> select Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Microsoft Document Writer is in your Devices & Printers section. See this picture:
Hope this helps.
No dice I'm afraid - Elements won't let me get that far. File --> Print --> ERROR
However.... You've put me on the right track (so marked as Helpful)!
I'll post the fix here in case it's useful to anyone else
- Change the default printer, in Windows, to MS XPS writer
- Start Elements, create a new image, File -->print (elements was now able to offer me a print dialog)
- In the Print dialog, change to the correct printer and print
- Exit Elements change the default back to the original printer
- Restart Elements - No errors
The obvious question is Why? Obviously there is nothing wrong with the driver, it now prints perfectly
I suspect a bug...