3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2013 7:01 AM by Michael Witherell

How do I get my "stuff" over to a Samsung device?

Musematte

Hi , I am working on Mac os x, Indesign cs6.

My problem is when I am exporting my file as jpg ore a PDF using rgb coz its going on Ipad. The file is turning out real smoggy and dirty looking when i send them via mail and open it on I pod. When I use a cable and do it manually trough I tunes it works out fine. With that said it only works on my apple Ipad devices and NOT on Samsung.

So to make my question short´n simple:

how do I get my "stuff" over to a Samsung device with the right colours

• 1. Re: How do I get my "stuff" over to a Samsung device?
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

Are you only intending to put things on your personal tablet, or is the question about how to publish to digital tablets (Samsung with Android OS) in general?

If you export to jpg or PDF, take care to set the compression to high or maximum so that the image doesn't suffer from lossy compression to a heavy degree.

You mention iPad, then iPod, then iPad again, then Samsung Android. What really are you doing? More detail as to your intentions is needed. Most images on any digital device use the sRGB color space to define and control the color of an image.

• 2. Re: How do I get my "stuff" over to a Samsung device?
            Musematte Level 1

Thank you for responding Michael.

I am talking about ipad´s and not iPod I dont know where I got iPod from..

Yes I am only intending to put things on my and (another salespersons tablet..she is the one with the Samsung Android).

I actually did what you suggested and that works fine. I guess it will have to do- but really is not what I want as PDF does not alow you to be placed in the photo gallery folder, where the rest of sales pictures are.

Thank you again Michael-

all the best, Jeanette

• 3. Re: How do I get my "stuff" over to a Samsung device?
              Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

DropBox might be a great solution. Put it on the desktop; put it on the digital tablet. Whatever you produce does into the DropBox folder; this in turn gets synced onto your digital tablet. Finally a button tap in the upper right corner of the DropBox app on the tablet allows you to load the picture into an application on the digital tablet.