2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 8:50 AM by Noel Carboni

Print settings not being retained

Jim_Palik Level 1

I am using Photoshop CS5. When I go into print settings and change a setting and say OK, the setting is not being retained. When I go back into print settings, the settings I used a couple of weeks ago are displayed. Reseting defaults has no effect. Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere in Photoshop that I may have set a selection or a configuration that is keeping the most recent settings from being retained?

Thank You,

Jim

• 1. Re: Print settings not being retained
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Seems to me there was a problem back in CS5 where you had to go through it twice to get settings to stick.  It was if there was some kind of staging buffer betwen your dialog and the actual stored settings.   Most often it manifested as the copy count requested not being accepted, but then being applied to the NEXT print job.

Try going through the commit of the settings twice.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Print settings not being retained
            Noel Carboni Level 8

Oh, and also, keep in mind printer settings are stored with the document in the PSD file, so you may be thinking the settings you're saving while working on a previous document should be applying to a different document, when in fact the settings stored with the different document last time you printed it are simply being loaded when you open the PSD file.

-Noel