4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2013 4:13 AM by ti2m

Auto detection of stage dimensions failed? What?

Ninpouikkan Level 1

Hi,

when I use the Wordpress plug-in I get this message:

The file blielkundresptest2.oam has been uploaded.

Auto detection of stage dimensions failed: Unable to spot stage property calls.

The following libraries have been updated:

edge.1.0.0.min.js

jquery.easing.1.3.js

json2_min.js

jquery-1.7.1.min.js

blielkundresptest2 was successfully imported.

So the oam file imports but the stage dimensions are not loaded? The animation won't show at all on a page.

I also get this from WP:

The owner of the scripts (most likely your FTP user) is different from the user that runs the PHP server process.

Files handled through Edge Suite might not be manually deletable by you through FTP.

Alternative uploading methods are on the roadmap for Edge Suite.

Does this screw things up? What do I do wrong here?

I'm on an IMac/Edge Animate 1.0.1.20422434/Latest official Edge Suite plugin (have tried a dev version but it's the same results.)

Thanks for any help!

J.

P.S. I uploaded the "hungry_edge.oam" oam-file and that worked perfectly. So maybe somethings wrong with the actual program?

• 1. Re: Auto detection of stage dimensions failed? What?
          drsqueegee Level 1

I've been getting the same message from edge suite myself. The edge file functions pretty good on wordpress though, but there are some text alignment problems in a nested symbol which do not happen when the file is uploaded and viewed direct on the server (not through wordpress), but I do not know if the problem is with edge suite, edge publish feature (which has other bugs) or something with wordpress.

I have not received the message you did regarding ftp from wordpress though.

• 2. Re: Auto detection of stage dimensions failed? What?
            Ninpouikkan Level 1

Hi,

thanks for the input. I guess it's possible to upload  into WP without using the plugin? But then  you probably would have to set the filepaths for the .js files.

Spoke to IT support and they said that there should be no actual problem in this message:

The owner of the scripts (most likely your FTP user) is different from the user that runs the PHP server process.

Files handled through Edge Suite might not be manually deletable by you through FTP.

Alternative uploading methods are on the roadmap for Edge Suite.

Wonder where I could find the road map mentioned for EA? The documentation about this program seems to be scattered here and there on the web and I have not found the road map yet.

• 3. Re: Auto detection of stage dimensions failed? What?
              ti2m Level 1

Hi,

all the resoruce or links to resources on edge suite can be found on http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/edge-suite/

Now and then I scan the edge forum for edge suite topics, but most of the issues are over at wordpress as this is more specific.

If you are still having problems with the auto detection of the dimenstion on upload please take a look at the issue queue, if this doesn't help open up a new issue and sent me the OAM (edge@timm-jansen.de), then  I'll take a look. Make sure though you are using the latest version of Edge Animate.

• 4. Re: Auto detection of stage dimensions failed? What?
                ti2m Level 1

By the way, the FTP file message that shows up is not a problem and has nothing to do with the "auto detection of the stage". It just means you might not be able to delete uploaded files manually, but you can do it through edge suite itself.