3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 8:00 AM by b vxsazdsf

marquee and text tool causing photoshop cs6 to close?

b vxsazdsf

when i try to use marquee tool by clicking on it photoshop cs6 closes or I see an error message and then it closes?  text tool causes the same problem? im using xp sp3

• 1. Re: marquee and text tool causing photoshop cs6 to close?
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 2. Re: marquee and text tool causing photoshop cs6 to close?
            b vxsazdsf Level 1

i just downloaded the 30 day trial version a couple of hours ago, opened the program, created a new file then clicked on marquee tool and the program dissapeared. ive only used adobe ps briefly before. when i re-open the program, marquee tool is selected but if i click something alse and then go back to marquee tool program closes again. It freezes for a couple of seconds first. My system is fine, plenty of memory, all my audio programs are working. il try updating stuff. thanks for reply

• 3. Re: marquee and text tool causing photoshop cs6 to close?
              b vxsazdsf Level 1

ive tried updating photoshop, OS, trashing prefs, no 3rd party plug-ins i think just what comes with ps and I am still having problems. marquee tool works sometimes and other tools are causing program to close and selecting blending options is also causing it to close.