5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 8:24 AM by Steve Grisetti

Transition Icon not in Elements 11?

pwg999

In Pre Elements 7 there are Transition Icons between clips.

When a clip is split a new icon appears.

It is possible to place photos etc between clips by dragging to icon.

The above in Sceneview in 7 & I am taking it that Quick in 11 is similar.

Thre are no such icons between clips in 11 and all attempts to get photos places these at end of video & they must then be moved.

Is it possible to have icons visible between clips in Premier Elements 11.

• 1. Re: Transition Icon not in Elements 11?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are no need for those placeholders in version 11, pwg, because in version 11, Quick View is a timeline, just as in Expert View. It's just a greatly simplified one.

To add a clip between any two clips, you just drag it between the two clips -- and that works in both Quick View and Expert View.

• 2. Re: Transition Icon not in Elements 11?
            pwg999 Level 1

Steve,

Your response is helpful in that it notes that no Sceneview in 11.

However I am unable to dd a still picture between clips.  In my case it simply gets added at end.  In fact betwen last viseo clip & emply one to which a video clip would normally be placed.

I have looked for a suitable video unde 11 but these do not seem to cover this area.

Perhaps there is a suitable video under an earlier version for adding still image  between two timeline images.

Thangs for you help.

• 3. Re: Transition Icon not in Elements 11?

When you are working in Quick View, any new media is automatically added to the end of the timeline. But you should be able to drag if from the end and insert it between any other clips.

Though you'd be even better off working in Expert View, where any new media is added to the Project Assets panel rather than directly to the timeline. Then you can add it from Project Assets to wherever you'd like -- including between two clips.

• 4. Re: Transition Icon not in Elements 11?
                pwg999 Level 1

Steve,

Thank you very much for help.

As you might guess I am a novice/casual user and  fairly recently bought both elements 11 to replce similar versions of 7.

I can see why using Expert gives some benefits.  In reality for either views it is a two stage process. 

Perhaps it would be good for novices if the Quick View wored a bit like Scene view in earlier versions.

In any event your responses fully respond to my issues.

• 5. Re: Transition Icon not in Elements 11?

And don't forget to check out our free 8 part Basic Training tuorials for version 11! They may well make the whole workflow process go more smoothly for you.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0