3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 5:54 PM by pwillener RSS

Adobe Reader X Download being Hijakced

Big Val B

I am following the instructions for downloading Adobe Reader X onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but when I click "Get Adobe Rearder," instead of going to the dowload page where I am to click "Different language or operating system" I am taken to Google Play where Adobe Reader X is not available.  How can I bypass Google Play?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader X Download being Hijakced
          Arpit Kapoor Employee Hosts

You cannot bypass Google Play. Since, its android, you need to install all the applications from Google Play or through the manual .apk file. The Adobe Reader X you were trying to download is not ment for your Android Tab, instead its for your computer.

I think you are looking for this one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.reader&feature=search_result#?t=W2 51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hZG9iZS5yZWFkZXIiXQ.. In order to download that onto your phone, simply click on that link and login with your gmail credentials and install.

Hope that Helps!

[Moved the discussion to Adobe Reader Forum]

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader X Download being Hijakced
            Big Val B Community Member

Thanks for letting me know that I cannot bypass Google Play.  But the rest of your information is confusing. 

First, I am not trying to dowload to a phone but to my tablet like I mention in my first post.

Second, there is a section under the Adobe Reader X download called, "Different Language or operatng system"and under there you can choose Android, so obviously Adobe Reader X is not only for computers. It was Samsung support who suggested I download this ap. 

Plus, I already have the Adobe Reader, but it is not doing what I am needing it to do.

My issus is this...I bought the Galaxy so I could download pdfs to read and annotate.  I have tried a half a dozen readers and none of them are performing very well.  My biggest complaint is that I am not able to highlight or underline text in pdfs that are of older texts.  This is very frustrating.  When I finally am told a solution, I am not able to download it.

Would I be able to download the Android applicaion from my PC onto a SD card and then use it on my tablet?

Arpit, I do appreciate your advice.  Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader X Download being Hijakced
              pwillener CommunityMVP

[topic moved to Reader for Android forum]