• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error getting license. License server communication problem

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I authorised my computer trying to use my smart phone to read my books now everything is messed up. All my books purchased from i started reading ebooks from  2012 i cannot download (3/2/2012).  I can only downloaded the last  books purchased  Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) since i authorised my computer. All my other books purchased from Millsandboons, Diesel and Kobo which i had on my computer before authorisation does not work. I keep getting this message everytime 'Error getting license/License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER'. What should I do?  I reinstall ADE ask one of the vendor to refresh my ebook shelf  but still getting this mesage.  I have purchased over 100 ebooks from these venders and now i cannot read my books.  Before it was no problem because i did not authorise my computer.  I only have one computer.  I just wanted to read some of these books on my iphone .. reason why i was told to authorise computer.  That still does not work because the phone keeps asking for adobe id which i created. When i put in the id trying to read via bluefirereader it is saying password or id incorrect.    Now everything is messed up.  Dont know what to do next.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how it will work exactly,

but it looks as if you have to visit the vendor sites (www.millsandboon.co.uk etc) on the phone and logon there.

It appears you can buy yet more books that way  ( http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/ebooks.asp )

and it may smooth the way to reading the books you already have.

I think the books from other vendors are locked using Adobe DRM technology,

but with your id from the bookseller and not your generic AdobeID.

Once you have registered the bookseller id on the phone, you may be able to read all the books from that bookseller.

~~~~

All this is ???

If anyone knows a page that describes how Adobe DRM works across different vendors etc,

and the relationship between different registrations, I'd be very interested if they could post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are pretty much out of look for being able to read your old content.

You started of with an anonymous id (let's call it A1).  Your 'over 100 ebooks' downloaded before you did any thing else are licensed to A1.

You then authorized a phone with an Adobe ID (let's call it A2)

You then authorized your computer withing the Adobe ID Changing the id from A1 to A2.  At this point you can't open content from A1 anymore.  There error E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

are saying that the content is licensed to A1 and you are trying to access them as A2.

Since A1 is anonymous there is no way to authorize it to any device, so you can no longer read any content licensed to A1.

Your best bet (which is a bit of a long shot) is to try to get your original content licensed to your AdobeID (A2).  To do this you need to get new download links from where you purchased the content - and the magic phrase is that you need a new 'transaction id'.  (Your current download links will have a transaction id that is point to the current license which is tied to A1).

---

The lesson for everybody else to take from this is - DONT ACTIVATE ANONYMOUSLY - YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid Jim Lester is almost certainly right if you keep within the direct use of ADE.

However, there are programs such as epubee (search on Google) that will remove DRM from Adobe DRM books.

It is not clear what the legal position is; and varies from country to country.

I understand that DRM stripping is not technically illegal in the US,  what is illegal is selling or otherwise profiting from DRM stripping.

Whatever the legal position in your country, I feel that the moral position is clear.   If you are using it to overcome technical issues with Adobe's horrible implementation of DRM rather than subverting the intent of DRM, it is the right thing to do.  That might well be the only way that you can use your books in the way that you quite reasonably want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DRM stripping programs won't do Rochemma much good at this point.  In order for them to work, you have to be able to open up the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines