6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 11:02 AM by rdolgov

FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS

Rob Schild

Chat InformationThank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 1 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Saravanan'

Saravanan: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Saravanan: Hi Rob.

Saravanan: I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to verify your account and to review the details of your request.

Saravanan: Thanks for waiting.

Saravanan: I understand that you are facing issue while trying to access the Forms in the Forms Central Service. Am I correct?

Rob: you can't read?

Saravanan: Sorry for the delay.

Saravanan: Yes, I am able to read your query.

Rob: so

Saravanan: Just to confirm the exact issue I was asking that with you.

Rob: I was clear

Saravanan: Let me check and help you with the information.

Saravanan: May I know the exact error message which you are getting when trying to open a form?

Rob: None... I would have noted it. It doesn't open. My other forms open. This on doesn't. It is named:

Rob: BEST PRACTICES RISKSCORE QUESTIONNAIRE

Saravanan: Thanks for the information.

Saravanan: Have you tried to access the Forms Central using a different web browser and access the form once?

Rob: listen... go blow. I'm not doing this with you. fix it. It's NOT MY BROWSER..

Rob: if it were... I wouldn't be able to open ANY OF MY FORMS.

Rob: get me a supervisor

Rob: no patience for dumb customer service representatives

Saravanan: Rob, I do understand your concern and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Saravanan: We are glad to assist you.

Saravanan: In few cases there might be any conflicting issue or any security settings when trying to access a form.

Rob: if it were the case... I wouldn't be able to open ANY OF MY FORMS.

Saravanan: Have you tried to make a copy of the form and tried opening it?

Rob: YES... DOESN"T WORK

Rob: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=*w8D2jaFehMI2LPf3x29HA

Saravanan: Please allow me a minute while I check on this for you.

Rob: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=5ZjgQLeJz73ZsxDXfWKfCw

Saravanan: I am able to open the form with the link which you had provided.

Rob: Yes... and you can see that the formatting is screwed up... and I CAN'T OPEN IT TO MAKE CHANGES

Saravanan: Rob, just to be clear had you created the form?

Rob: be clear... YES

Saravanan: Okay.

Saravanan: Please allow me a minute while I check on this for you.

Saravanan: I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'm still checking my resources, I'll be back shortly.

Saravanan: I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'm still checking my resources, I'll be back shortly.

Saravanan: Please do allow me a minute while I transfer the chat to my supervisor.

Vishal: Hi Rob, this is Vishal, Saravanan's Supervisor.

Rob: please help

Vishal: Please allow me a moment while I review your interaction with Saravanan.

Rob: you have the notes...

Vishal: Thanks for waiting.

Vishal: As I understand that you have issues with opening one of your Forms, right?

Rob: read

Vishal: Yes, I have checked your interaction.

Vishal: Let me check what can be done on this.

Vishal: I also see that you have issues with one particular Form. The issue might be with one particular file.

Vishal: What I will do is, we will remotely connect to your computer and double check on the same.

Vishal: Is that fine?

Vishal: I am sorry, did I lose you?

Rob: no

Vishal: Okay.

Rob: i'm on the phone

Vishal: Okay, shall I proceed with remotely connecting to your computer?

Vishal: I will remain available for a moment if you need further assistance.

Rob: in a few minutes

Vishal: In this case, I would recommend you to contact us back. Once you contact us back, we will check what best can be done on this.

Rob: great.. I can't wait to go through this again.

Vishal: I certainly understand, however, if you can reply on the same, we can proceed with troubleshooting the issue.

Vishal: Since we have not heard from you for some time, we will now end this chat.

Vishal: Please click to chat with us again if we can be of further assistance.

Vishal: Thank you for contacting Adobe. Goodbye!

Saravanan: Since we have not heard from you for some time, we will now end this chat. Please click to chat with us again if we can be of further assistance.

Saravanan: You may choose to print or email a copy of this chat transcript by using the options at the top right corner of this chat window.

Chat InformationThank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

• 1. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
          Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

Hi Rob,

I'm from the FormsCentral engineering team and I'd be willing to take a look at your problem. You've posted a couple of form IDs in the transcript above. Can you tell me which one is having trouble, and explain exactly what you mean when you say that you can't open it? Also, if you could share it with my email address shickey@adobe.com I'll have a go at opening it to see what I can see.

On a side note, I think Saravanan was doing a great job collecting exactly the information that I would want him to. I was really surprised at how low you thought of him. Hopefully he didn't take anything you said to heart.

Thanks,

Shannon

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
            Rob Schild Level 1

Hi Shannon,

Thank you.  One link is just a copy/duplicate of the the other.  I beleive the 1st is the origianal - it has responses.

I apprecaite your help.  However, the farmed-out support services are horrible.  What happend to Todd?

Best Regards,

Rob Schild

• 3. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
              Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

Hi Rob,

I've inspected your form and there is indeed a bug on our side that is preventing the form from opening. While it will take a few days to fix the underlying bug, one of my colleagues is going to manually fix your document so that you can open it. As it's a non-trivial manual process to fix the document we were just going to do the first one (*w8D2jaFehMI2LPf3x29HA). Or do you need both? We'll report back here as soon as we're done.

For future issues that you encounter, please note that this forum is read directly by the FormsCentral engineering team and is the best way to obtain support on technical issues with FormsCentral. Your previous queries were in this forum and that's how they ended up being handled by Todd, who was the engineering manager at the time. As you can imagine, the number of support requests has grown past the ability of the engineering team to handle on our own. As such, we need Adobe Tech Support to help us, and they're working very hard to become more and more proficient in handling first-line requests.

Thanks,

Shannon

• 4. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
                rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi Rob,

Can you please try to open the form to see if it works now. Note, that we temporary updated the form to use "Labels on Top" layout, you can change it back to "Labels Left" once the form is opened.

We are working on the code fix, to make sure to prevent such problem in the future.

Please let us know if you still having any issues with the form.

Thanks

Roman

• 5. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
                  Rob Schild Level 1

Hi Roman,

The correct form is: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=5ZjgQLeJz73ZsxDXfWKfCw

It is not opening.

Best Regards,

Rob

• 6. Re: FORMS CENTRAL CHAT SUPPORT S*CKS
                    rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi Rob,

Can you please try to open the form with id=5ZjgQLeJz73ZsxDXfWKfCw to see if it works.

The same note applies, I've changed the form to use "Labels on Top" layout, you can change it back to "Labels Left" once the form is opened.

Let me know if any issues.

Thank you,

Roman