9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 8:16 PM by dennisd8711993

Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found

dieseltravis Level 1

I'm getting the following error message when launching the Adobe Edge Inspect:

AdobeEdgeInspect.png

---------------------------

EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point SetGestureConfig could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

OK  

Followed by another dialog mentioning C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Edge Inspect\EdgeInspect.exe Edge Inspect has stopped working

More details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          EdgeInspect.exe

Application Version:          1.0.372.4762

Application Timestamp:          51098b6d

Fault Module Name:          USER32.dll!SetGestureConfig

Fault Module Version:          6.0.6002.18541

Fault Module Timestamp:          4ec3e39f

Exception Code:          c0000139

Exception Offset:          0006f52f

OS Version:          6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          9d13

Additional Information 2:          1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3:          9d13

Additional Information 4:          1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

I tried googling but I haven't found any solutions, so I thought I'd ask for help here.

• 1. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
          Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

What type of computer and what's the OS version you're trying to launch EdgeInspect on? It's not Windows 8 is it? The small amount of information I found on that function is "Configures the messages that are sent from a window for Windows Touch gestures."

Mark

• 2. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
            dieseltravis Level 1

My PC is a Lenovo ThinkStation (Intel Core2 Quad Q6600, 8GB RAM) running Windows Vista Business x64, SP2. The AdobeEdgeInspect.msi appeared to install fine, without any errors or warnings.

• 3. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I think the issue is somehow an interaction between the desktop application and Windows Vista: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2497

"What computer Operating Systems does Edge Inspect run on?

Edge Inspect currently supports Mac (OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8),  Windows 7 and Windows 8. Windows Vista is not supported but we are not aware of any issues running Edge Inspect on Vista. It will not run on Windows XP and Linux.

"

It looks like SP2 is the latest service pack for Vista, but we know other people haven't had any issues running EI on Vista, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Does the ThinkStation have a touch screen?

• 4. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
                dieseltravis Level 1

No touch screen, just 2 plain Dell LCD monitors. Its video card is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 with Nvidia driver v9.18.13.697 (10/2/2012), if that matters at all. I suppose it couldn't hurt updating its driver to the latest version (1/5/2013).

• 5. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Ok, one of our guys just tried this out on a Vista machine and we get the same error as you. This must be due either to a recent change we made in the desktop application or in one of the libraries that we use to build it. Either way, it looks like it no longer works on Vista.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll go ahead and update the FAQ with this information and will push for a change in the installer so that it will no longer install on Vista. Sorry for the trouble.

Mark

• 6. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
                    troywray Level 1

Is there a timeline for when other Adobe cloud programs will stop working on Vista?

Can I use my cloud licence to install an earlier version of edge animator that will work on Vista? The installer made me uninstall the previous version of edge animate which worked fine and didn't warn I wouldn't be able to run the new version. I know you said you'll make sure the installer is changed. Please just make things run on Vista - please.

• 7. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found

No, there is no timeline like that. Vista support for any product will vary from team to team depending on a huge variety of factors.

For us, we're not even sure why it no longers works on Vista. As I said above, it could be a recent change we made or a change in one of the libraries we use with the desktop application. The solution is nowhere near as simple as posting the older version of the desktop application. Edge Inspect is a system of multiple pieces that all have to work together and be able to communicate with each other. Even if we posted the older version of the desktop piece, it's likely that you'd find Edge Inspect features that didn't work because the other pieces no longer spoke to it correctly. It would get progressively worse with each release until it stopped working entirely. And we simply don't have the resources to support a Vista version of the desktop application and keep it up to date with all the other pieces of the application.

We never devoted any of our limited dev or testing resources to testing on Vista and can't start doing that now. In our original FAQ we noted that it was not supported but that we didn't know of any issues with Edge Inspect running on Vista. That's now changed. I've updated the FAQ, and we'll be modifying the installer to reflect the new situation.

I'm sorry, but the final word from engineering and product management is in, Edge Inspect does not support Vista.

• 8. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
                        troywray Level 1

Thanks for the reply and no worries, understood.

As it happens, this issue tipped me over the edge and prompted me to install Windows 8. I hope I'll never look back but I doubt it lol. Vista was rock solid for me for years on same install.

• 9. Re: Error: EdgeInspect.exe - Entry Point Not Found
                          dennisd8711993 Level 1

FYI I'm also running Vista (64 bit home prem.) and get the same "error" in scout cc.

adobe scout cc error.JPG