1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2006 8:22 PM by Newsgroup_User

Why frameset?  Why not use a table?

jeffeyer
      Why do we need to use the framesets?

I think that we should use the tables because the framesets do not show you the border sizes and background colors on the source (code window). The tables show you everything including the background color codes so that you would know where to find it on the source window. Although, a frameset is a big risk.

If you think that I'm wrong, then can you please explain it to me. I respect your opinion.
        • 1. Re: Why frameset?  Why not use a table?
          Level 7

"jeffeyer" <jeffeyer@ispwest.com> wrote in message
          news:ectmha$shq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Why do we need to use the framesets?
          >
          > I think that we should use the tables because the framesets do not show
          you
          > the border sizes and background colors on the source (code window). The
          tables
          > show you everything including the background color codes so that you would
          know
          > where to find it on the source window. Although, a frameset is a big
          risk.
          >
          > If you think that I'm wrong, then can you please explain it to me. I
          respect
          > your opinion.
          >

You are right. Tables and/or css are preferable to a frames layout.

Though I can understand why somebody would want to use frames, certainly if
          it is their first time out in web design. I myself was drawn to the lure of
          having that immutable left hand menu frame with my right hand side being
          able to change.

But then I discovered templates and server side includes.