4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 7:38 AM by kvanderwende

Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously

kvanderwende

I have upgraded a project compiled using SDK 3.3 to 4.6.  Everything build fine except I get 7 errors like the one below.  I've seen several threads on the topic that just end with no resolution.  I found one that said "Sorry to waste everyone's time it was an easy fix" with no explanation of the fix.

Error:

Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously.  _class_embed_css__resources_images_dialog_close_default_png_825052198_227383202

(from _class_embed_css__resources_images_dialog_close_default_png_825052198_227383202.as)

and com.marketlinx.cma.ui.dialogs:_class_embed_css__resources_images_dialog_close_default_png _825052198_227383202

(from com\marketlinx\cma\ui\dialogs\_class_embed_css__resources_images_dialog_close_default_png _825052198_227383202.as)

are available.    PresentationManagerDialog.mxml    /CmaWizard/src/com/marketlinx/cma/ui/dialogs    Unknown    Flex Problem

I searched all of the code and the images are only embedded once in a stylesheet.  The file throwing the compile time error has <mx:Style source="resources/styles/presentationManager.css" /> in it.  If I remove that it builds and will run but I am missing several images.  It would seem the css is necessary.  Unfortunately the project is several years old and all of the people who originally did the work are no longer here.

I've tried cleaning and changing incremental build to false.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 1. Re: Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

It is unusual to have a fie called things like:         classembed_css__resources_images_dialog_close_default_png_825052198_227383202.as

Those file names are usually generated by the compiler and not part of a project’s source files.  I would try moving that file outside the source-path and see if everything builds.  Any other file that references that file might be better off getting that asset via getStyle instead of a direct embed.

• 2. Re: Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously
            kvanderwende Level 1

It used to compile fine with 3.3.  The output is part of source control and my output folder may have remnants of the old build.  Would it help to clear out that entire folder and rebuild?

I tried having it output to a new location but no luck.  I realize the name in the error is generated but I cannot figure out where it is coming from.  The images causing the problem are only ever embedded once in the css.

I don't know if the source from the page will help with anything but here it is.  The images are in presentationManager.css.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:TitleWindow

xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"

xmlns:pages="com.marketlinx.cma.presentationManager.pages.*"

layout="absolute"

creationComplete="creationCompleteHandler()"

styleName="standardDialog"

width="800"

height="600"

title="Presentation Library"

showCloseButton="true">

<mx:Style source="resources/styles/presentationManager.css" />

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import com.marketlinx.cma.CmaWizardData;

import mx.events.CloseEvent;

private function creationCompleteHandler():void

{

presentationManager.addEventListener(CloseEvent.CLOSE,

function(event:Event):void

{

dispatchEvent(new CloseEvent(CloseEvent.CLOSE, true));

}

);

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

<pages:PresentationManager id="presentationManager" top="0" bottom="0" left="0" right="0"

applicationPrferenceSettings="{CmaWizardData.applicationSettings}" />

</mx:TitleWindow>

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Sure, starting from fresh directories might clear this up.  Is classembed_css__resources_images_dial og_close_default_png_825052198_227383202.as under source control?  It shouldn’t be, like I said I think is generated.

• 4. Re: Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously
                kvanderwende Level 1

It turned out that multiple CSS files were embedding the same images.  I am sure there is a better solution but due to the fact that the images are small I made a copy of each image causing an error and named it differently to reflect the ui it supports.  I then changed the CSS and the errors went away.

Kevin