• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A problem with Mozilla and Flash?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Flash and its Plug-in but Mozilla does not recognize that I have done this. My OS is Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. Also, it seems that Adobe points to a 32-Bit file to download instead of a 64-Bit file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Mozilla (Firefox?) not recognize the Flash Player plugin; is it not listed under plugins (Shockwave Flash)?

Also, if you use Firefox, which is a 32-bit browser, it will use the 32-bit plugin.  If you use a 64-bit browser like Waterfox, it will use the 64-bit plugin.

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is listed under plug-ins.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

That URL in Mozilla will not allow me to open up the configuration. Flash does still work though with IE. When I uninstalled Flash and the plug-in, it removed the 64-bit versions but when I went to reinstall, Adobe’s site gave me the option only to install a 64-bit version of the plug-in. As we know, Mozilla is 32-bit.

The file names in the flash folder you requested are:

activex.vch,Flash64_11_5_502_149.ocx,

FlashInstall, FlashUtil64_11_5_502_149_ActiveX, FlashUtil64_11_5_502_149_ActiveX, FlashUtil64_11_5_502_149_Plugin, NPSWF64_11_5_502_149,

plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32-bit plugin is installed in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re right, the files are in that folder so why isn’t Mozilla recognizing that they’re there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines