2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 2:19 PM by mrfrodo

Access Denied

I'm currently set as an Administrator for a website and can connect; however, whenever I try to edit a page I get the error: "Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem." I get the same error when I go to My Conenctions and try to click on the "Administer..." button. Could this be a problem with my ISP? I can log into the site via FTP client no problem. Is there a way for me to clear out any Contribute files that way and start fresh? If so, where are the files located?

Using Contribute 3 on the local machine and IIS 6.0/ Windows Server 2003 on the server.
        • 1. Re: Access Denied
          Dominic Michael Adobe Employee
          You can clear the Contribute preferences. Quit Contribute, and then delete the Contribute3 folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\ and also run the following command " reg delete "HKCU\Software\Macromedia\Contribute 3" /f " if you are using Contribute 3. If you are using Contribute 3.11, run " reg delete "HKCU\Software\Macromedia\Contribute 3.11" /f "
          • 2. Re: Access Denied
            I have recently experienced this same issue.

It seems that changing the ownership of the files to the same as the SFTP user on the server fixed the problem.

hope it helps