1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 6:26 AM by robdillon

How do I make frameLabels

bobthree
      I am using Director 8 and I am trying to figure out how to label a frame. I already know how to create markers, but I can not find how to makers. I am creating a electronic report and I want to have auto numbering. I have markers 1 thru 50 with three frames inbetween. I run the following script and all I get is 0. I have a cast member "pagenumbering"

on enterFrame
      member("pagenumbering").line[1]=the framelabel
      end

I either need to figure out how to label frames, or, how to insert the marker label into my text. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: How do I make frameLabels
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          Director only has markers. You can insert markers at any frame at the marker space on the Score window.

You don't say where you have this code attached to the movie, but you don't want to get the frame label that way unless the playback head gets to move on the the next frame immediately. The enterframe function is a repeating function, if you stay on any given frame, then that function will run at that frame over and over again.

Frame labels are only available at the frame where they are. In other words, if you ask for the framelabel property value in a frame where there is no label, then you will get nothing back. The code that you have will work if it is called at a frame that holds a frame label.

You can use the markerList movie property to get back a property list of the frame numbers and their labels. This may be useful to you. Alternately, you can also use the markerList movie property to see a list of all of the frame labels.