3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:17 AM by dougofakkad RSS

Trial Illustrator CS6 on Mac failed to launch

ItsEnz

I downloaded the trial Adobe Illustrator CS6 on my Mac OS X 10.8.2.  Illustrator will not launch. An error window pops up stating: "Adobe Illustrator CS6 quit unexpectedly."  I need this program for my son to do his homework.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please advise.  Thank you!  Enz

• 1. Re: Trial Illustrator CS6 on Mac failed to launch
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Illustrator forum.  What have you tried so far to resolve your difficulties?  Which operating system are you using?  Do you receive any specific error messages?

• 2. Re: Trial Illustrator CS6 on Mac failed to launch
            ItsEnz Community Member

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for responding.  I have a MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.   I have tried checking again for updates, restarting computer and making sure that I have enough memory. I do use other Adobe programs and recently, in Dec, upgraded to Adobe Acrobat X Pro.  It looks like the trial Illustrator CS6 installed properly.  I am able to ope Adobe Application Manager and see all the listed applications.  They all display "Try" on the right.  When I click "Try" on "Ai," this is when the error window pops up as described above.  I'm not sure what I'm doing or did wrong and would truly appreciate any direction you could give me.

I also found and updated Ai.  It still gave me the same error message.  Under the main statement, it says, "Click Reopen to open the application again.  This report will be sent to Apple automatically."

Please advise.

Thank you!

Enz

• 3. Re: Trial Illustrator CS6 on Mac failed to launch
              dougofakkad MVP

sorry to reply without further assistance, but i'm quite intrigued as to what homework requires Illustrator now.