15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 6:59 PM by LetraLibre

Controling the import icon in the character (or paragraph) styles pallette

LetraLibre Level 1

When I import styles into InDesign there is an icon to the right of their name that tells me that I have not altered them within InDesign yet. As soon as I open the style and alter it that icon goes away. Very handy. I can see at a glance what I still need to work on. My problem is that when I alter those styles through a script the icon does not go away. How can I control whether that icon shows ("imported" is read-only from the scripting environment)?

Basically, for my own purposes my InDesign documents get imported with a lot of similar styles with slightly different names. I've written a script that will allow me to base a lot of styles on one master that I've set (it alters the basedOn property of the subsequent styles). But that does not get rid of the icon and so I do not know whether I still need to work on those styles that I've just set. The icon will go away if I open each by hand and save it, but that's what I'm trying to avoid with the script in the first place.

Thanks! Please let me know if you need more information, but I can't think what else I can tell you.

Andy