7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 6:07 PM by Sham HC

CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems

courtthreeGDC

Hi all, I'm sure this is a pathetically easy question but I'm a noob and struggling getting started. The company I am working with has CQ5.2 which (apparently) does not CRXDE Lite available for development. I am on a Mac (OSX Mountain Lion). I thought CRXDE would be the answer but I have fallen at the first hurdle. I have the URL of the development instance of the site but CRXDE will not connect and generates the error: "Error initializing workspace: Error during IDE initialization".

The reason I'm asking the question is that I don't know if this is a mismatch between CRX version and CRXDE, a Mac issue, or is it that CQ5.2 is out of date etc?

For brevity, my set-up is as follows:

CRX 1.4.2

CQ5.2

OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

CRXDE 1.0.1

Where am I going wrong? Any help will be massively appreciated.

• 1. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
          Kristian Wright Level 1

Are you using https to connect to the repository?  If so, I had a similar problem before (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5000935).  Getting Java to trust the SSL cert on my Mac solved the issue for me.  Also, you could try using CRXDE 1.0.2.

• 2. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
            courtthreeGDC Level 1

Thanks mate. In the related post, it suggests that if you can connect to the server in your browser via SSL then it's not the cert. Is this correct or is it a red herring?

• 3. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
              Kristian Wright Level 1

It makes sense to me.  In my case, I was using a self signed cert.  The browser warned me about it, but let me manually accept it and I could carry on.  CRXDE has no way to say "hey!  Are you sure you want to connect here?", so it was failing to connect for me.  After adding the cert to my local Java instance and restarting CRXDE, when it got the self signed cert on connection, it recognised it as trusted and connected to the repo.

So yes, I'd say the statement is true.

• 4. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
                courtthreeGDC Level 1

Thanks again for your response. I can't get the key for the server as I am not an admin so can't allow that cert anyway. That said, I didn't get a problem accessing via my browser anyway so that may not be the issue. Also, where can I get CRXDE 1.0.2 - I can't find it anywhere!

• 5. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
                  Kristian Wright Level 1

From reading one of the comments at http://dev.day.com/docs/en/crx/current/developing/development_tools/developing_with_crxde. html, it seems that 1.0.2 is not available for download at this stage, but you could possibly contact daycare and see if they can help you.

• 6. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
                    courtthreeGDC Level 1

Again, thanks for your continued responses and support. Here is the log file from CRXDE. Can you see any telltale signs?

Does it look like an installation problem? I notice CRXDE doesn't run an installer but comes with a whole host of supporting files?

!SESSION 2013-02-14 10:08:34.518 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_37

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/dan/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/dan/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-02-14 10:08:47.158

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:121)

at com.day.cq.ide.CQDEApplication.start(CQDEApplication.java:62)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error during IDE intialization

at com.day.cq.ide.util.plugin.Policy.throwError(Policy.java:37)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initIDE(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:352)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.execute(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:118)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)

... 13 more

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:246)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.jav a:284)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initIDE(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:298)

... 17 more

Root exception:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error during IDE intialization

at com.day.cq.ide.util.plugin.Policy.throwError(Policy.java:37)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initIDE(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:352)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.execute(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:118)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)

at com.day.cq.ide.CQDEApplication.start(CQDEApplication.java:62)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:246)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.jav a:284)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initIDE(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:298)

... 17 more

• 7. Re: CRXDE and CQ5.2 connection problems
                      Sham HC Level 7

Hi courtthreeGDC,

Can you please close CRXDE, delete your workspace files under your user profile then reopen it and connect to your remote server again. Workspace files is stored in windows under: "c:\documents and settings\<user>\.crxde". This should help to rebuild any configurations that can be conflicting.

Thanks,

Sham