1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 5:46 AM by SJRiegel

"Delete" page numbering on cover

Mister Tudball

This has to be a REALLY easy answer for somebody but I can't figure it out.  I've never used the "Book" feature until now, and managed to get all parts of my directory into one book.  The separate docs are Front Cover, Inside Front Cover ad, followed by four multi-page sections that are all formatted the same, then Inside Back Cover ad, and Outside Back Cover ad.  My problem is I can't get CS3 to NOT consider the covers as numbered pages, which means the real page 1 of content turns up as page 3.  What do I do to fix this?  (please be specific, InDesign is like a foreign language).

• 1. Re: "Delete" page numbering on cover
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

InDesign allows you to specify sections with separate numbers. Set your section that starts with the cover to be numbered i, ii, ect.

Set a new section start with the page you would like to be page one. (Use the Numbering and Section Options Menu available from a right-click in the page pallet, or under the Layout meuu.

Screen shot 2013-02-12 at 8.40.05 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-02-12 at 8.40.58 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-02-12 at 8.40.21 AM.png