if you're using adobe digital editions, launch it and press CONTROL+SHIFT+D (if Mac user, CTRL+SHIFT+D) and say yes to delete authoriztion. Then go back in and reauthorize your computer. You may want to also connect any devices and delete and reauthorize them.
For the Error : E_auth_not_ready.
Follow these steps,
1. Launch Adobe Digital Editions
2. Keeping ADE program active on your screen, Hold Ctrl+Shift+D keys (Windows), Cmd+Shift+D (Mac users).
- you will get a prompt window to Erase Authorization (ADE 2.0) & Deauthorize (ADE 1.7.2)
- Deauthorize ADE and Re-launch it.
3. Navigate to Help > Authorize ADE (in ADE 2.0) & Library > Authorize ( in ADE 1.7.2, usually you will be prompted to authorize when you launch the program ) .
Adobe needs to include this fix with the info on the digital editions page. I have had this problem since the preview originally came out and they couldn't help me fix it at all, I had to go back to 1.7, until now. and then it happened again. Thank you for helping when others could not!
I have tried this fix several times and the prompt window does not appear. Any suggestions?
I have tried this fix several times and the prompt window does not appear.
One possible reason: you need to be in the Library view on Digital Editions, not the Reading view.
I can't think of any other possible reasons for no prompt window.