2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 11:53 PM by hemanthR

Text Tool Error?

RTS11

Hello,

The Text Tool dialog box for typing/pasting text is no longer accessible. (Double-clicking or right-clicking and selecting Edit Text on any text field should open this dialog box.) 

The blue text field is still available and I can paste or type text directly into it, but it is rather awkward to control. 

Before this error occured, an unrecognized task had appeared on my taskbar which I closed without knowing what it was.

This error now occurs in all Edge files.

Is it possible I have diabled a feature in the software?

I have booted without result. 

Version.1.0.1.204.22434

Win7 64bit

There is no repair option in the software installer. If I uninstall manually, will I be allowed to reinstall via my CC account?

Thanks,

RT Simon 

• 1. Re: Text Tool Error?
          civet_drM Level 1

same to me!
          I don't know why casue an text editing error. when I close the unrecognized task on taskbar. Text editing tool does not appear anymore, no matter how I restart edge animate or restart system.

the only way is reinstall edge animate ?

• 2. Re: Text Tool Error?
            hemanthR Adobe Employee

HI,AS long as the your CC subscription is active you can uninstall and re-install.

OK coming to text error

Does the text pop not appear if you create a new file in Edge Aniamte and draw text field on stage?

If its not opening up,Can you clear your preference and create a new file and draw text field

Guide to clearing prefernence here : http://helpx.adobe.com/edge-animate/kb/restore-preferences-edge-animate.html

Text popup will not open if you have created a HTML page/text element outside of aniamte and opened up the file in Animate

1 person found this helpful